Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Dealing with it

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Dealing with it

Unread postby Hodor » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:22 am

Hello all!

It has been almost a month and a half since I had the "video call". Unfortunately I paid the first time, and as you should expect he came back. It was then when I found this website and followed all the steps. Time past and after a few I reactivated my FB, the scammer managed to add one of my friends, and then he add me, he sent me messages and a "print screen" of the video, I, then, blocked him and started the 2 week count again and told my close friends to be careful on facebook, because I was being a threatened by a fake profile (didn't told it was blackmail though). It has been almost 3 weeks since this last contact, I reactivated my FB, changed my profile picture, name and removed my cover photo (as it is public, he could see the people who liked it). I hope I'm on the clear now.

I also want to show my gratitude to you guys, reading the posts here has really helped me to deal with this situation.
Hodor
New survivor

Re: Dealing with it

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:18 am

Looks like you missed this step the first time around:

Once the two weeks are up, then you can reactivate your Facebook profile and nothing will be lost. Be absolutely sure your scammer is not in your friends list. After this, we recommend you change your username and profile photo as this prevents the scammer from finding you again. The username change will change the URL of your page. Do not add anyone you don't already know to your friends list, and change your security setting so non friends cannot see your profile. These are extra steps we advise to keep you safe.

Also, there is no way anyone can add you to their friends list, unless YOU ACCEPT IT.
Be careful of all other profiles of yours online, including any phone apps that may also link to other profiles. Your name, address, phone numbers, pictures, etc. And the privacy settings of each one.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com