Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Rim Rimo - Skype

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Re: Rim Rimo - Skype

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:42 pm

I think that you are taking a major risk by not deactivating your FB account. We would not say it was essential, if we thought it was not. The scammer will KNOW that you are still online, and he will stick around longer. Leaving it active gives him HOPE to get money from you. This you do not want. Answer any questions from the friends with, "A scammer is trying to hack my account, and I turned it off while he leaves and will fix things later."

Google alerts will tell you if he uploaded any video. Rely on that.
All contact EVERYWHERE must be broken. I suggest that you go over the steps again and see what else you "decided not to do."

It's essential you follow ALL the steps.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=16300
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby yabo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:46 pm

I see your point. FB Deactivated. Going through the list again. Thank you for the support.
yabo
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Here's an analogy for you.
Not deactivating your FB is like an ATM machine that is still powered up, but displaying, "Please wait a few minutes. We are having a temporary problem." He might just decide to wait.

Maybe this post in the Closure topic will help you understand how the advice was developed and why it works in over 99.9% of the cases.

How Blackmail Scammers Think and Operate The Scam
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4509&start=120#p52656
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby yabo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:20 pm

Totally agree SlapHappy. I've deactivated the account and will leave it for 2-3 weeks before I reactivate it again.

Thank you very much for your continued support and caring. I can see how this would have dragged for much longer and turned much nastier if it wasn't for this website.
yabo
Junior survivor

Unread postby yabo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:28 pm

To give the future visitors an idea about the size of the damage inflicted, the current situation is this:

As far as I know, at least one person did accept the friend request from the scammer. In my case, married men are the ones who were more willing to accept the friend request. All girls I asked said no chance they would accept friend requests from people they don't know. They just get too many of them. Once the friend request is accepted, the scammer will send the video link in a message on facebook. This will include a cover image & the title of the video. The user will be notified of this message with it is content by an email in his mailbox. At this point, it is bad, but as I managed to get the video off YouTube, I don't think he got a chance to actually see it.

Bottom line, people who are suspect to becoming victims themselves are the ones who are most likely to see the video if it is online.

Thought I would share this thought. YMMV

HTH
yabo
Junior survivor

Unread postby yabo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:34 am

As I'm going through all my social networking profiles, I found the scammer is following me on Foursquare

Foursquare profile: https://foursquare.com/rimsalwan
Twitter Profile: @Rimsalwan
Kik profile: rim.salwan
yabo
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:40 am

You best delete your account there, and go through the rest of your online profiles and phone apps, and deal with them too.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby yabo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:50 am

Foursquare deleted
Twitter deactivated

Looking into Instagram.
yabo
Junior survivor

Unread postby yabo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:55 am

Instagram profile made private. Photo removed.
yabo
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:44 pm

yabo,

Please don't take this post personally. I thought it might be helpful to others reading this to say a few things about what you experienced here, and maybe you can get some more value from it. It is a very good example of what happens if you take a "piecemeal approach" to the advice in our topic. Or, maybe you will want to chop off my head? :)

I'm sorry to inform you that your are only the 10th person out of the many thousands here to have any one of his friends sent any Face book link.
Why did this happen, you or others may ask?

Simple answer is this. You chose it for yourself.
You read the advice, and decided yourself not to follow it. It's your life, and you can do what you want with it, but I wanted to point out to others reading this just exactly WHY you were the 10th.

Bit by bit of the advice you followed, not ALL of it from the very beginning.
And only after the scammer made another move that you got worried about did you ask again what to do next or performed one step, or were you worried at all? I seriously wonder about this. It looks like you were "experimenting" with the scammer to me. But I guess you can do that if you want to, if you want to take yet another risk. Maybe you just don't care if your friends see a link, and we have had some that said they did not care at all. And that's ok with us if you don't care about it.

By your own actions, you gave the scammer hope of collecting money and ample opportunity to gather as many friends' links as he could, your other online profiles, and other information to threaten you again. Eventually, he uploaded to YouTube and sent links to your friends, because you let him do it. Heck, you might as well have dared him to do it.

Now maybe you need to ask yourself why you followed this path and not the steps as they were written, and risk exactly what the scammer does not want to do, but that you seemed to dare him to?

I'm concerned that your gambling, risk-taking, thrill-seeking behavior as seems to be shown here will eventually lead you into another scam online, maybe not a blackmail scam/sextortion but some other online scam. Is this the problem?
Maybe it is not that, but online addiction that makes you so reluctant to temporarily shut down your profiles until the scammer leaves? Others who have had their friends get links seemed to have that problem, just could not live without their FB and other accounts for two weeks.
Maybe it's just because you were reluctant to tell others that a scammer was on your ass, which most people probably have experienced, at least heard about?
Maybe just shutting them all down and having to say a scammer was trying to hack you or something was just something you had trouble doing?

In any event, I hope all is done now, and you keep your head down long enough for him to give up now.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

PreviousNext

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com