Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

I can't believe I got caught up.. I paid up.

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

I can't believe I got caught up.. I paid up.

Unread postby prestonpaper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:05 pm

Hey there,
Before you ask I have already reported ALL the details about this scammer. But I would like some advice. I got tricked into thinking I was talking to a 20 year old canadian. But after finding out they filmed it they I didn't think to flag it and made it private. I reported it to youtube as I still had the link.

But the main thing is.. I went to pay right away - before even looking it up which is stupid. But I kept running into problems and after extended conversation with the hacker I paid them about four hours ago. And i just wished i blocked them and reported right away. I feel so crappy about this and checking youtube and google alerts and nothing has come up.

He did say (i know you can't take their word) that soon as he got the money who would forget all about me and delete everything. But what are the chances of coming back asking for more money all be it I have completely blocked them now after I paid ffs?

Any advice what to expect if anything?
Thanks
prestonpaper
New survivor

Re: I can't believe I got caught up.. I paid up.

Unread postby Big Al » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:46 pm

Chances are good that nothing else will happen. Be vigilent about shutting down anything that does come up. Also, if you paid by Western Union or a service like it you might still be able to recall your money.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby prestonpaper » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Thanks AL. I have had no attempted contact from the scammer since. However, the video is still on private on youtube. While I know now without being able to contact me there is no personal gain from him sharing the video it still makes me feel a bit edgy. Like I said I contacted Youtube through the recommended way on here and I know it can take a couple of days to get resolved but as soon as that is down I will feel a lot more comfortable.

I have learned a serious lesson about dangers of personal details online and will be sorting this out.

Thanks again.
prestonpaper
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:17 pm

If you download anything the scammer sent to you, it would be a good idea to run a complete check on your computer, using an anti-virus software... just in case... to be sure he was not sent a RAT or other similar malware.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby prestonpaper » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:05 am

firefly wrote:If you download anything the scammer sent to you, it would be a good idea to run a complete check on your computer, using an anti-virus software... just in case... to be sure he was not sent a RAT or other similar malware.

Its ok, I didn't download anything. He went to send me the file of the video.. and by this point I was thinking more rationally and didn't (not even that I would want the video). Three days since cut contact with scammer, video that was private has been taking down and no sign of it back up anywhere and now attempted contact.

I would like to thank this website for its valuable help it has given me over the last few days. I am still feeling a bit weary of the whole thing but I have followed everything that I have been told by the sight (except paying the scammer but that is before I realised this site existed).

I hope soon I can have the all clear and progress to being a survivor... definitely still feeling like a victim at the minute but just taking everyday as it comes.

Many thanks.
prestonpaper
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:27 am

Sounds good. Just stick to the advice and read this whole topic.
Closure.When Will This End? How Do Scammers Think? pg13
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4509
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com