Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammed by a trickster

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Scammed by a trickster

Unread postby sweet1982 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Recently met a person on yahoo public chat rooms. We chatted for a while and became friends. Then went on to cam with him, which he recorded (includes footage of me in some compromising situations with face). He then started blackmailing me to go for more footage or send him money. He gave me a deadline of 24 hrs after which he would post the video online. I signed out and deleted the yahoo account. Luckily, I did not share any of my real details. However he still has my video and I dread if someone by chance watches it! What do I do?

His yahoo id is cyber_mastar. Please beware.
sweet1982
New survivor

Re: Scammed by a trickster

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:26 pm

Hi Sweet1982

I am sorry you were placed in a situation of being blaickmailed. First you must block all access to the account you were using, The chances of him coming back at you are almost nil --- you didn't give him any personal information, and once he is blocked he will just slink off and try to find another victim.

Just ensure all your safety and privacy settings are turned on. If you have any further information, such as an IP or Header from your chat room please share it here so others can be warned about this creep.

I know you have learned a difficult lesson regarding web cams, so talk to your friends and warn them, that creeps like this exist and to be careful in all future chat rooms.

RF
A scammer is only as good as the fear he creates.
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Unread postby firefly » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:03 pm

sweet1982 ,

one email adress used by this one can help. Or pictures used by him. Even his profile online from the site where you have meet him. With this kind of details, maybe we can find more informations about the scammer, with your help. Where has he told you to send the money?
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby sweet1982 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi Firefly and Ruffled Feathers,

Thank you for your responses. I have terminated the account. And sorry, I do not have any further details.
sweet1982
New survivor

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com