Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Different twist & risky to post scammer username?

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Different twist & risky to post scammer username?

Unread postby feu1985 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:48 pm

So this happened last night, and I'd like to let people know about it because my scenario is a bit different than others on here. However, part of me feels like if I post their name/username used, and they google search their name and find it, then they could join and have an avenue to contact me. So I'm going to not post their user name, just their methods.

I started talking to a very attractive blonde on the website POF (POF). While she was blonde, she looked like a very light skinned Hispanic woman, and her name indicated as much as well. Her age was listed as 23. I initiated contact. She was from Toronto, Canada but listed Boston as her city because she was moving here soon and wanted to meet people in the area. There was only a few messages back and forth before she wanted to skype. Said I wasn't really familiar with skype so she suggested kik messenger. We did that a little, before she was pushing for skype again. So we started messaging in skype. It was only 5 minutes before she transitioned into sexual talk. She sent me some sexy pictures, and said we should video chat. There was an actual girl on the other end. It wasn't a recording or stolen video. She made comments about things happening, or things in my room, and specifics on my tattoos. Anyway, you know the deal, one thing leads to another. At then end when I was done, she said to clean up and message her when I was ready. I cleaned up and did that. She never responded back for 20 minutes, and I never received a money demand. I then googled and found this site and immediately blocked her on skype, POF, and kik. I already had a hidden profile on POF and I deleted my Facebook account about a year ago thankfully. The only thing that really showed up on google search was my linkdin account, which I deactivated as well. Furthermore, I added a google alert to my name. Also, I have a Mac, so I'm not terribly worried about viruses or Trojans that could have been in the pics that were sent. The only thing I'm worried about is that she does know where I work. She has no avenue to contact me, but I'm worried she may sent it to my work? Is it possible it wasn't a scam at all? Maybe she was looking for contacts and my Facebook in that 20 minutes and couldn't find it because I don't have one? Any thoughts on my risk level here?
feu1985
New survivor

Re: Different twist & risky to post scammer username?

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:11 pm

feu1985,

She may or may not be a scammer. The story is consistent with one. It's possible that "she" was busy with other victims when you returned. We need details of the scammer to give you ANY specific advice on this one.

We have found no evidence in 2 years of doing this that any blackmail scammer has ever looked at our website. And scammers cannot register here; we know how to detect them and block them.

Please post as many details on the scammer as you have here, or fill out our online form and we will post the details that you have for you:
http://scamsurvivors.com/bmform.htm

Please go here and follow all of the advice to protect yourself and other victims of the scammer.
Online blackmail. Read this first. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com