Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

got screwed

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

got screwed

Unread postby Staying_anonymous » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:49 am

as the title suggests I too was a victim.

I whet onto bazoocam (similar to chatroulette) not looking for anything in particular just out of curiosity, mostly just guys playing with themselves and the occasional who was up for a good chat, then it flipped over to an individual who went by the name of Sidorela Nikita, at first I was confused as any girl who was remotely attractive skipped past me (i wasn't there for the sexcam thing anyway) but she said hi, so I stayed and chatted, she seemed nice, from canada friendly, asked me to join her up to facebook, I obliged (overseas contacts are great when travelling), then she flashed me.
I wasn't complaining, she as hot, so I stuck around and she asked if I wanted to see more, sure I said, so she stipped down to her underwear.
She then asked if I was like to see even more. Being a hot blooded male I didn't say no, but I had to show me first. here is where I feel humiliated...I'm a married man and its a very happy marriage, so i have no idea why I did it, but I did, I did't show my penis long would have been all of 20 seconds, then I got my conscious back and closed the window.
not long after that she contacted me on Facebook asking to chat on skype (since they are linked he/she found my skype ID fast).
A little more hesitant now, but still obliging, I accepted and she said she had something for me, she posted a youtube link of me, my face and then me flashing (and I swear that it was doctored as it went for a while, I think they used the poor webcam connection to loop parts)
with the youtube link came a list of family and friends facebook pages and the threat to ruin me.
Now in my line of work (i'll keep this out of here) if could have very well ruined me proper.
I panicked she asked for 1000 euro, like I have that cash laying around, I said all i had was $500.
I did the stupid thing, because everything was potentially on the line I started to Barter them down rather that google the solution.
Long story short, I paid via wester Union and have gone mostly stone age except for here, my work emails and several searches a day for my name.
My wife is devastated and succumbed to such a low act and rightly so, but i'd like to think i'm an honest person so I told her right up what had happened.

My questions is, even though I have done the wrong thing by paying, how likely will it be that they try re contact for more money, its been 4 days so far. I have also been checking their youtube channel (i wasn't the only one being scammed there) and their facebook (without logging in myself) but both have since been deactivated due to repeated violations of terms and agreements (wasn't me).

Have people actually had family or friends see the video? or the scammers actually follow up on their threats? mine were based in Morocco, so i'm much calmer knowing they will have removed evidence based on their Islamic culture (I hope)

any feedback to put my mind at ease would be greatly appreaciated

Cheers
Anonymous (sorry too scared even to use my real name)

PS not sure if its useful but I go thier IP 41.143.239.234
Staying_anonymous
New survivor

Re: got screwed

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Once you block them (and I see you've deactivated your FB profile, which is the main culprit) the scammers will usually move on within a few days. We give people a 2 week timeframe, so you're already partway through that. Just keep on laying low and it should pass. Very few actually go through with their threats once you vanish. We're talking about 1 in every 1000 from our experience.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com