Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

sandy.anderson20 on Skype

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

sandy.anderson20 on Skype

Unread postby Cactus » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Hello,

I was scammed yesterday. The person told me to send them $250 or they'd send my video to a list of friends and family on facebook as well as my work. I sent them the money. Me and the scammer have talked a bit. He says he needs a plane ticket. I don't know why though. He said he was short $150. Obviously he wants me to send him more money. I asked why he needs a ticket.. I probably shouldn't have but I'm in such a panic and I'm scared that I don't know what to do.. I only replied an hour ago and haven't heard back.

Should I just ignore him? If I ignore him will he send the video?

I'm only 21 and this would be the worst thing to ever happen to me if it got out.
Cactus
New survivor

Re: scammed 21 year old

Unread postby Tomi » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi cactus. Sorry that you have been scammed. YES!!! Totally IGNORE him. Stop all the contacts with this scammer. Delete and block him on Facebook, emails, YM, skype----whatever media/form of communications with him. Totally stopping all contacts with this scammer means no further blackmail. It is very important that you never respond from anything more from the scammer. Responding will only lead to more blackmails and more money from you. If he will realize that you have totally shut him down, he will eventually go away.
Tomi
Senior survivor

Unread postby Cactus » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Okay, will do.

Thank you!
Cactus
New survivor

Unread postby Tomi » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:35 pm

And you can warn also your friends in FB that someone is trying to blackmail you and not to open any links. One more thing, set your privacy setting in facebook strictly to only friends, do not accept any friend requests because there might be a chance that your scammer will try to contact you under a different account or name.

Read all the advices/posts under blackmail scams/sextortion. They are all very useful. And if you can, post here all the infos you have of this scammer---- email add used, pictures, chat logs, money requests and the details where did you send the money---just take out your real life details. This will help warn others from being scammed from this scammer.

I hope you are alright and take care of yourself.
Tomi
Senior survivor

Unread postby duckhunter » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Btw ... the request for help with a plane ticket was just one of many typical lies scammers tell.

So sorry you were scammed Cactus.
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Unread postby Cactus » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:45 pm

he just emailed me asking me to send him $200 to fly back home.. Obviously I'm not going to because it's a lie. but what if he keeps nagging and says he'll post the video if i don't answer him or pay him?
Cactus
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:11 pm

From viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580

Now block them. Block them and don't take any more friend requests, certainly for a while. Add their email address to your blocked list, add their number to your blocked list, remove them and block them from your friends list. A threat can only be effective if you can read it. Again, make sure those people you know are aware of what has happened. By not telling them, there's a chance the scammer will manage to hook one of them.

Don't reply, don't read, don't allow them to contact you.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby Cactus » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:36 pm

ok thanks
Cactus
New survivor

waiting to relax

Unread postby Cactus » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:04 pm

how long roughly does it take before the scammer just gives up on? it's only been a day since i've been scammed and i've been in a constant panic and can't do anything. can't eat or sleep. I blocked him complete and won't get emils anymore but there's a chance he might post the video... how long before i can say it's all over and can finally relax?
Cactus
New survivor

Re: waiting to relax

Unread postby Neko » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:41 am

Hi Cactus

I've been scam just like you two days ago by a guy living in ivory coast. I've follow the advices from Wayne, deleted all my social medias account and i've contacted the police.

I've linked some google alert with my name and possible video name. I've flaggued the video the guy put on youtube and it has been deleted. If you stop contact and he cant contact you with him he should not make effort tu put your video on different site.

If you want to check my full story check femmedereve11@hotmail.fr on the blackmail list.

THe best thing you can do to ease your mind is to check if the scammer put your video online, contact the police, warn your family without giving much detail and, beleive me, sharing your story can help to ease your mind too.

Stay strong, your not alone !
Neko
Junior survivor

Next

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com