Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

in trouble, need help

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

in trouble, need help

Unread postby 99downside99 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:00 pm

I've been really, really stupid - I've shared nude pics of my girlfriend online - including using software called teamviewer which permits control of your computer by another user - I've done this a few times, and one user was able to browse personal information before I could stop it. So now he knows my name and my girlfriends name. He has a couple of photos he probably transferred via the software, I don't know what else he was able to save from my computer. Shortly after he sent me a message on the site where I'd first found him and he was demanding further access via teamviewer. I didn't respond. The advice I had from the website admins was to ignore him. I've since had a number of phone calls from an unknown number in France, and since I know the guy was French speaking, I'm obviously concerned it might be him. I've let the phone ring without cancelling it or answering. I haven't logged in to the original site again to check messages, I figured it would be better to let him see that I haven't been active in the hope he'll lose interest. I've deactivated facebook and linkedin but I run my own business so my details are easily found all over the internet and anyway it seems the guy already knows how to find me.

This is a problem I've brought on myself, and I feel desparately ashamed of how I've dishonoured my girlfriend, who doesn't know about any of this, and of course I'm super-worried that this guy will use any details he has to contact my girlfriend or her work, etc. which would be catastrophic for her.

So I don't know for certain that the guy who controlled my computer is trying to blackmail me, but that's my concern.

Any advice on how to avoid the problem getting worse? On how I can make things right?

:(
99downside99
New survivor

Re: in trouble, need help

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:15 pm

Do you have more details on this guy? What site did you meet him on and what is his name and the link to his profile there?
Any other info? The telephone number calling you?
What is his TeamViewer number? Have you notified TeamViewer admin about this guy?
Do you still have TeamViewer installed on your pc? You may want to uninstall it, to make sure he cannot use it by any exploit he might have done to it, even if it a remote possibility. And scan your pc for other malware with multiple scanners. Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, an AV scan.

Block the number coming to your phone, or consider changing your phone number if it gets bothersome.

Have you read and followed all of the steps here?
Online blackmail. Read this first. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Re: in trouble, need help

Unread postby 99downside99 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi, thanks so much for replying.

I did read the advice you give on online blackmail and think I'm on track. I've not communicated with the guy in any way, I've taken down my social media.

I also contacted the guys who run the website where I met this guy and they say they've emailed him to warn him that they have his IP address and location and they're going to ban him once he'd read it. I didn't ask them to do this, just wanted to know if they had his details in case I needed to contact the police, but they've done it anyway. I just hope it scares him off. They also say it's just a fetish, and some quick googling produces many, many sites where people are willingly making themselves victims to blackmailers, some sort of dominant/submissive thing it seems, so let's hope they're right.

I'm going to change my mobile number and email as well.

As a separate issue, my email got hacked a few months back and I've told my girlfriend that I"m changing my number etc because I'm worried about the fallout from that, and have suggested she might do the same. She's reluctant, but might be persuaded.

If there's anything else I should be doing please, please let me know.

As for the guy's name, I don't know his real name, his username was something like JUJU and the website was s1ut .com (ghastly, I know). I don't know for sure that the number I was getting calls from was him or not so I'm not going to say what that was. I have no other details for him at the moment.
99downside99
New survivor

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com