Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Story like every other

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Story like every other

Unread postby imnewhere » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:57 am

Hello everyone,

Since I got good help and support here, I might as well tell you my story. A few days ago I got scammed. Exactly the way everyone around here gets scammed. First chatroulette for fun, than moved on to Skype. After having some beers I got to talking with this beautiful girl (i thought)... Well you probably know what happend. It wasn't very interesting, but soon enough she showed me my own webcam video of what i showed her a couple of minutes ago. Then he (now he admitted she was a he) told me he'd send the video to all my friends and family, and put it on a video site, if i wouldn't pay him 300 USD. I checked out the link to the video site and it was already broken, the video had been removed. I still completely stressed out because he'd named a few of my family members with their facebook profiles in the skype chat. I blocked him right away and searched on all of the internet for internet scammers.

Then I got to this site, filled in all the forms and did everything SS told me to. Even deactivated my Facebook account, on which he contacted me without even being friends. With the threads and everything. Now that I've had some time to think about it and calm down, I realise things will probably turn out okay. As he can't contact me in any way now, it'll pass. Or so I hope.

Some thoughts on general protection on the internet: Use a fake skype name! My skype name was my full name, probably how he got to my facebook account! If this had been a funny name or something else, things might have not turned out so bad! But then again, I would never recommend getting in touch with someone you don't know over the internet. AND: check out how people can see you on facebook when they're not friends with you. My friends and a lot of photos were showing so I changed all that. Feel way more safer now. I would like to help anyone who is stuck or has been stuck in the same kind of situation.

Thanks Wayne and Slaphappy for helping me in the livechat! You guys are lifesavers.

Greatings!
Still getting over my scam. Willing to help others with theirs!
imnewhere
New survivor

Re: Story like every other

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:27 am

Glad we were able to help.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Re: Story like every other

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:34 am

Another happy ending by listening to our advice. Glad things are getting better and that you are willing to help others. :D
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com