Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Help us research these scammers by answering a few questions

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Help us research these scammers by answering a few questions

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:53 pm

As this type of scam is still new to us, we'd like your help in working out how the scammers work. I'm going to ask a few questions and you can either answer them in the thread or PM them to me if you'd rather your details not be shown on the forum. If you're a guest on this site and would like to answer it without joining, you can email me the answers. My email address is wayne at (this site's name). With your help we can try to understand the way the scammers work this particular scam and hopefully help others who are in the scammer's trap.

1. Where did you meet the scammer?

2. Did you initiate contact or did they contact you first?

3. What are the scammer's details? Name, email address, claimed location, phone number and so on.

4. If you met on a website, did they ask you to talk to them off it? If so, what progam did they suggest?

5. How long was it before the subject of removing clothes was brought up?

6. Who brought it up?

7. How long after this did the blackmail start?

8. How much was asked for, how did they tell you to pay it and how long did they give you to pay it?

9. What did they tell you the consequences of your not paying would be?

10. How did you end up on this site? If you used a search engine, what phrase did you search for?
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Re: Help us research these scammers by answering a few quest

Unread postby Big Al » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:21 am

Hi Wayne,
Can you make this a Sticky with replies?
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:19 pm

We are hoping to get as many replies as we can, not only from registered members, but Guests coming here for information after a scammer blackmail has been encountered. Scammers seem to be increasing in this type of scam, and knowing as much as we can about how they operate their scams can help us not only support members here, but educate more people on how to avoid being scammed in this way. I hope everyone will take the time to answer these few questions to protect others. Nobody else on the internet seems willing to tackle this problem but us here at ScamSurvivors, and your answers can do a lot of good.

Education of the public and prevention are the main weapons against scammers, and we look forward to any help you can give to us in this regard. Thank you for participating.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby 911 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Wayne wrote:10. How did you end up on this site? If you used a search engine, what phrase did you search for?
I google Blackmail online on skype
Last edited by SlapHappy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: cut out entire quote of Wayne and left pertinent question.-SH
Junior survivor

Unread postby dupedandsheepish » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:22 pm

1. Where did you meet the scammer? okcupid

2. Did you initiate contact or did they contact you first? I just viewed her profile, she actually initiated the first message

3. What are the scammer's details? Name, email address, claimed location, phone number and so on. majne134 on okcupid - claims to be in Junction City, KS; monica.suarez288 on skype - claims to be in Wichita, KS; monicajanesmith@ymail.com

4. If you met on a website, did they ask you to talk to them off it? If so, what progam did they suggest? Yes, asked if I had a PC with a webcam. Suggested skype.

5. How long was it before the subject of removing clothes was brought up? Once on skype, it was rather quick, within the first 5-10 minutes

6. Who brought it up? she did "hey, you wanna try something?"

7. How long after this did the blackmail start? the initial cam session was about 10 minutes long, then there was "a malfunction with her camera" and had to start a new video chat, at which point she played the video of me and blackmail talk started. So, about 15 minutes into the conversation, but immediately after the video had been created.

8. How much was asked for, how did they tell you to pay it and how long did they give you to pay it? $600, Western Union online, no time frame, but was expecting me to pay immediately

9. What did they tell you the consequences of your not paying would be? would share video with friends and family on facebook, publish to theirfacebook pages, and also to facebook pages of my networks, schools, and employer

10. How did you end up on this site? If you used a search engine, what phrase did you search for? a friend gave me this site, assuming google was used and "sex video blackmail" was the search term

dupedandsheepish
New survivor

Unread postby ScammedAndAlive » Tue May 21, 2013 6:13 pm

1. Where did you meet the scammer? - ChatRoulette

2. Did you initiate contact or did they contact you first? - mutual and random

3. What are the scammer's details? Name, email address, claimed location, phone number and so on. - Name was Nora/Nadia Gustavo

4. If you met on a website, did they ask you to talk to them off it? If so, what progam did they suggest? Facebook/Skype

5. How long was it before the subject of removing clothes was brought up? Very quickly, like within 5 minutes

6. Who brought it up? She did

7. How long after this did the blackmail start? about 10 minutes into it

8. How much was asked for, how did they tell you to pay it and how long did they give you to pay it? Didn't even get that far. I blocked them from every single site i could right away

9. What did they tell you the consequences of your not paying would be? Would send the video to all of my contacts

10. How did you end up on this site? If you used a search engine, what phrase did you search for? "Chatroulette Scams"
ScammedAndAlive
New survivor

Unread postby wiz » Wed May 29, 2013 2:14 pm

date in asia

i contacted them first

3. What are the scammer's details? Name, email address, claimed location, phone number and so on.
pauline annne tse , korea , free lance dancer same name on fb and skype

4. If you met on a website, did they ask you to talk to them off it? If so, what progam did they suggest?
fb then skype

not long maybe 20 mins

6. Who brought it up?
they did

2 weeks later ( i think due to the fact i was on holiday and not using the internet

8. How much was asked for, how did they tell you to pay it and how long did they give you to pay it?
3000 ( i didnt pay ) and go tdown to 500 tonight no place or way was mentioned for me to pay it

they would post a video of me on fb to all my friends of me naked

10. How did you end up on this site? If you used a search engine, what phrase did you search for?
a policemen friend of the family found it
wiz
New survivor

Unread postby bmailed » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:56 pm

ated contact
3. Skype info is:
andrea.jones213
female
TX
age 21
8/15/91

4. In vid she was already nude and asked me to take my clothes off. Looking back i see signs that should have been red flags such as no audio on her mic and so forth.

5. immediately

6. She did

7. After about a few minutes in and my pants were off she revealed i was being recorded showing me the recording and puting the vid on youtube threatening to share it with my friends on facebook by using my first and last name.

8. $300. almost paid it since the scammer said he/she saved it to his/her desktop stating it will be deleted wheb he/ she recieved payment.

western union info most likely fake name
JAYR
ARENA
Philippeans

9. Consequences were that the vid would be sent to all my friends on fb while it was already uploaded on youtube.
10. Found this site while looking for advice on how to deal with skype blackmail. linked from 911.

still freshly scammed but working on living with it.
bmailed
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:53 am

bmailed,

These two links should help you deal with the scam after you have followed all the steps to protect yourself first.
Online blackmail. Please read.
http://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580

After the advice above is followed, head on over to these links.

Closure. When will this all end? NEW! Coping Strategies!
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4509

Podcast #11 - Interview with Will, a blackmail survivor.
http://scamsurvivors.com/podcasts
Scroll down to number 11.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby isitover » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:19 pm

Ref: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8995 - same scammer using a new Skype account handle, but using same old Western Union account as scammer Skype ID "clairmarie751"

Facebook

Scammer initiated friend add on FB (saw 1 mutual friend)

FB handle: Patricia Eloise Sy (http://www.facebook.com/patriciaeloise.sy)

Skype ID: ella_sy00 (alias Ella Sy) - her Skype profile shows 62 contacts on her list! Poor victims!

YouTube Channel Name: Mary Jane Sy
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVHkKdW ... 4oQ/videos

Claimed location: Quezon City, Philippines

Claimed identity: Ex Flight Attendant on Philippine Airlines. Graduated from De La Salle University.

Phone numbers used to SMS me (each time different, in the following order):
+447914587463 (I believe this is UK number used as proxy)
+447914587479 (I believe this is UK number used as proxy)
+447914587422 (I believe this is UK number used as proxy)
+447914587476 (I believe this is UK number used as proxy)
+639273180277 (I believe this is a real Philippines number)

Western Union account details:
First Name: NICHOLE PEREZ
Last Name: SY
Province: BATANGAS
City: LIPA CITY
Address: LOT 12 BLOCK 7 LIPA COUNTRYSIDE ESTATE BRGY. BULACAN, LIPA CITY, BATANGAS
Postal code: 4217

Skype. Video was recorded using http://www.eatcam.com

2-3 days after 1st contact

6. Who brought it up?
Scammer did.

The next day morning. The scammer purposely asks to wait for "wake up call" the next morning, said will send "photos" over.. Instead, scammer starts the blackmail. This makes me think scammer purposely timed the blackmail when victim just woken up, mind still blurry, unable to react will full conscience, need to get to work - and scammer makes use of this opportunity to hammer you with threats, to make you act on the payment quickly without thinking too much.

USD1,000. Western Union (scammer account details as above). Till noon (about 4 hours timeframe).

Spread the YouTube video (private mode) to my FB friends list.

I found this site (specifically this thread) by google searching "NICHOLE PEREZ scam"

Thanks to Wayne for the tips on http://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/view ... f=20&t=580

Hopefully, the video doesn't resurface.
isitover
New survivor

Next

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com