Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

leroyy.anna19

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Re: leroyy.anna19

Unread postby crackermatt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Okay - So I've been checking my hotmail account - but forgot to be checking the one linked with my skype account - I logged into it and I have a message from the scammer (today on skype) to the right of my hotmail. It says "don't worry". I have no idea how to block them on this, I have already blocked and deleted them on skype - not sure how to block them on this - I can select an option that says "hide plane". Anyone know how to block the scammer on here too?
crackermatt
Junior survivor

Unread postby crackermatt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Okay - I've found a delete button for her - but when I click it comes up "Some of this contact's details come from another service. You'll need to delete the contact there to keep them from appearing here." But I have already deleted and blocked them from skype?
crackermatt
Junior survivor

Unread postby crackermatt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Sorry the constant updating - But i have now deactivated my hotmail account associated with skype, was this the right thing to do?
crackermatt
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:24 am

crackermatt,

Perhaps the message you got about "details coming from another service" was referring to a smartphone app?
Do you have one that uses hotmail and skype?
In any case, deleting your hotmail account makes that unimportant to you at this point. The scammer can no longer send hotmail or skype messages to you. If they cannot talk to you directly and get a response, they will give up. Simple as that.
If you get any messages from any unknown person on Skype, or any other email block them, and do not open any emails, just delete them unopened and do not add anyone to your skype account male or female. If it's a scammer, they will get the message that you are not playing the game and will not pay, then they will move on.

Did you listen to podcast 11 yet? It really will help you calm down and see the reality of the scam better.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby crackermatt » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:31 am

Thank you very much for the advice SlapHappy - I have not got skype on my phone. Yes I listened to podcast 11 and the situations are very much similar, I admire you for sharing your story, and it has helped calmed me down a little. Still a bit nervous (which I think is natural), but as time goes on I will feel a lot safer. This site has saved me, as I would have probably remained in contact with the scammer, giving in to their demands. I will never ever reply or add to any unknown contacts, and I'm going to leave me facebook deactivated for a long time (I hardly use it tbh). Thanks again for your kind support.
crackermatt
Junior survivor

Previous

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com