Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Question about YouTube Videos

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Question about YouTube Videos

Unread postby SugarT » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:28 am

I've done everything listed in this thread; viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580.

I'm wondering if Google Alerts will still pick up my name if the YouTube video has been uploaded and listed as Private or Unlisted?

Also, I have wired the money to Western Union but the scammer hasn't picked it up yet. Should I ring and cancel the payment? And if I do, will that cause the scammer to upload the video and come after me?
SugarT
New survivor

Re: Question about YouTube Videos

Unread postby firefly » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:36 am

Best thing to do is to stop the payment, if you can.

For the video to be private, the scammer need to upload it public first and Google will notify you.

Be sure you put all the details you have about the scammer here, please: http://scamsurvivors.com/bmform.htm. Your info about this one may save other victims.

As long as you dont let the scammer to find you again, he can not use the video against you to extort more money from you. But in some cases, after the first payment, the scammer was more persistent in finding the victim. Be sure you protected yourself proper and you dont use any other online profiles with your name and pictures in. Also, check if your username in skype is not used by you for other activities online or if your skype profile dont have your email address or your phone number, allowing the scammer to find your other online profiles where you posted the same info.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby SugarT » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:19 am

Thanks for the response Firefly. I just got off the phone to Western Union and cancelled the payment. I also changed a few names on the internet that had the same name as my Skype name.

I know the Scammer had pictures of people from my facebook. how will I know if he's tried to contact them? or tried to send them the video.

Thanks
SugarT
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:23 am

To send the video, the scammer need to upload the video first. If /when he do it, Google will notify you. Hope you searched already after your own name in Google between " ", to be sure nothing was posted before you set the Google Alert.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com