Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Recent webcam scam classic story

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Recent webcam scam classic story

Unread postby Amaru107 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:09 pm

My story is a textbook classic. After reading the forums on this website I realize my case is identical to hundreds if not thousands out there. As I look back on my experience I realize there were many red flags. I met this girl on Hong Kong cupid. She asked for my Facebook right away (red flag). I agreed and added her as a friend. She claimed to be from Singapore and US. But yet her grammar wasn't the best considering her origins (Red flag). When I asked her questions regarding where she lived and her job, she would either ignore the question or give a very vague answer (red flag). So anyhow she suggested web cam sex on Skype and I accepted. The video had no audio (red flag). Next morning the classic scene happens: she shows me a list of family and close friends from FB, then shows me a link of myself from the previous night. My heart sank and I was devastated. She requested $10000HK or she will start sending it to people from the list. I was actually kind of lucky because I was rushing to work. I called my friend in a panic . He told me not to pay, and I had no time to pay! If this was to happen in the middle of the night I may have had too much time to ponder. I blocked her from cupid, Skype, and deactivated my Facebook. Sent a request to YouTube to take down the private video. I have been googling like crazy for last 2 days about these cases. So far so good. I have had no contact or harrsment. No video exposed. I was wondering if there is a place on this website to submit the Info of these scammers? And also I know on this site you suggested not to report them on Facebook ? Maybe if their profile is deleted then all the contacts they copied will be deleted as well? There may be a chance they didn't save the contacts elsewhere? Just for a peace of mind. I am just paranoid. I know it's a very low chance that they will expose u. This website is amazing btw. It really helped me get thru this experience
Amaru107
New survivor

Re: Recent webcam scam classic story

Unread postby firefly » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:17 pm

For reporting the scammer on the site you need to put all the details you have about the scammer here: http://scamsurvivors.com/bmform.htm.

To know what to do - you have here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580 the advices you need to protect yourself.

Most of the scammers do not keep the videos or the chat logs with the victims: you have here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=12325 the reason why not.

Reporting fake profiles on free sites is a bad idea, see viewtopic.php?f=20&t=66948 to understandy why.

You have here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4509 a topic about the aftermath.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com