Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

I would like to tell my story

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Re: I would like to tell my story

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:36 am

Basically we don't talk about hacking here as two wrongs do not make a right. Let's drop the subject now as you're dangerously close to being banned from the site.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19 says:
Illegal activities are not allowed.
We will not tolerate any discussion of illegal activities by forum members. The scammers may be criminals, but we are not.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby David92868 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Let me join in even though this is very embarrassing for me. I am one of those who have been scammed and blackmailed and even paid some bucks because I was continuing to be involved in stinking thinking. But I do believe that there is a solution and survival.

I feel like I have gotten out of the boat in the middle of the storm and am walking alone with Jesus. Even though I have made these dumb decisions, he is buoying me up.

Here's my story. I live in a sexless marriage which has been that way for many, many years. But that is another story.

As I have conducted my business interests on Skype, others have asked to become a friend of mine and so I bit. At this point I was very naive. The conversations went on and the pictures came and I thought that was nice. But I was totally unaware of the insidious nature of the beast.

On one occasion I was asked to step away from the webcam, undress, and be allowed to be seen. In and with my desire for sexual stimulation and satisfaction I did so not even thinking that it would be used against me.

Within minutes, I was being blackmailed and extorted. Again, not thinking and not knowing of this site and its assets, I sent the first and second and third requests for money. Dumb thinking. Now I am being asked for $14,000 and there is no way I can do that so I have decided to get out of the boat, cut off all contact with this person, and see what happens. It is a real trial for me and I do hope that what I am doing is correct and that within a reasonable time I will get out of this problem.

I got a new Skype account and this morning was advised by email as to what a stupid thing that is and I I thought I can escape I am grossly mistaken.

I am taking my stand and risking everything to do so.

On a positive side, and in accordance with the wishes of the webmaster of this site, it is my plan and intention that if this thing works, I shall "reward" this site with a donation.

I am a Christian believer and even we make dumb decisions in spite of overt and covert warnings.

Bless you all!

Dumb D but Learning
David92868
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:34 pm

David92868,

to cut any contact with the scammer and to protect yourself was the best thing you can do. Sorry to hear you were blackmailed so long time, but glad to know you found help here.

Any detail about your scammer (username in Skype, link to his Facebook profile, destination for the money request and the name of the receiver, phone number or email address used by your scammer) may help other victim if posted.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby AlmostGotMe » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:59 am

Ruffled Feathers wrote:
If and when you can talk about your experience, please warn your friends that they could get caught up in this also, allow them to know what happened to you, you do not need to go into graphic details but just give them the warning.

Thanks RF,

I still haven't told anyone what really happened, but I tried to increase awareness among my closest friends about what we share on the internet and how dangerous it can be to be "an open book" online.

It's been two weeks now and I have to say, thing are almost back to normal..
I don't think about it that much anymore!
Nothing has showed up and I haven't received any messages from friends regarding that incident, and no messages from my scammer either.

on a side note: no having facebook is kind of relaxing :D
AlmostGotMe
New survivor

Unread postby ravi143kn2000 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:42 pm

Hi wayne
I was wondering can i get back to my facebook again as i have changed my username for facebook, even my url for facebook account is changed . I havent heard from any friends that they got any message from anyone or a friend request. I even made i am not searchable of google yahoo or any search engine even by image search. I guess i can go back and activate my account . should i do it or still wait cause already 10 weeks are over .
ravi143kn2000
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:11 am

10 week, you should be fine by now. Sure, just be careful and make sure your security and privacy settings are as high as they can be.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:51 am

10 weeks is long enough to give to the scammer. You need to take control of your life, and move ahead.
If you have not read this yet, or listened to the interview with a blackmailed survivor on our podcast, you should do that. I think it will help you, ravi.

Closure. When will this all end? NEW! Coping Strategies!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4509

Interview with a blackmail survivor:
http://scamsurvivors.com/podcasts/ Scroll up to podcast #11.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby ravi143kn2000 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:25 am

Thanks SlapHappy . I am sort of a lazy person and use to spend too much time on facebook. SO in a way it took care of my facebook addiction as well :)
Staying away from facebook helped me professionally as well . I am all fine now , i guess accepting and facing the truth have made me get over it faster .
Thanks for all your help :)
ravi143kn2000
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:29 am

Glad to hear that, ravi. We do get some people coming back after months still terrified of the scammer and what they could do, wasting their lives in worry. Nice to know you are not one of them, but a survivor. :D
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby ravi143kn2000 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:42 am

also i initially gave details of the spammer . But i checked the profile is still on facebook. with the name Monica Silvestre
https:/ /www.facebook.com/ m.silvestre16 . Hope you guys can help me banned this account from facebook.
ravi143kn2000
New survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com