Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Have been Blackmailed, what do I do?

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Re: Have been Blackmailed, what do I do?

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Every minute you worry is another wasted minute. ;) :)
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby VivaPinita » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Hey, soo first off i'm a guy(, I went on this teen chat site, this "girl" started talking to me, we talked for 5 mins, then I asked if she had skype, I sent her my skype id and we got talking on there, so the conversations getting a little "dirty" she sends me a pic and then I go on cam, she asks to see my face so I show her really quick, then I started you know "playing", went through it all and she said to talk again later. Now as soon as I got back into non horny reality I realised she may not have been a girl she could have been anyone, even though she sent pics I was a little worried, she also tried to set up another web cam session, I then asked if she could send me a pic of herself to see if she was real(, then she blocked me, Im soooooo worried that whoever it was recorded me on the cam! They know my first name and what I look like, I'm hoping it was just for their personal enjoyment and then panicked when I asked for a pic, I guess im just looking for advice, if there's anything I can do and if I should keep being worried, I'd never do anything like that again, I guess I was experimenting but trust me I've learn't my lesson!
-
This was about 6 hours ago, now, I re added "IT" on skype and they accepted I tried talking to them with no reply, (I hate not getting a reply) so I blocked them, Ive altered every setting on my facebook went into full lock down, after reading your forums I feel so much better! I still feel stupid and still worried but im calming down.

I think the thing(either male or female) was going to upload it somewhere, but after I blocked them maybe they didn't bother, just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here, you have indirectly helped so much! I may not be out of the clear yet, but hopefully im on the way!
VivaPinita
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:19 pm

Please post the scammer's details to help save others.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby jkappa » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:42 pm

SlapHappy wrote:Please post the scammer's details to help save others.

Thank God. You guys are great and I was fool for accepting interaction with that person. M only regret is that I didn't register all the information except fb name and last and it's profile. I guess I panicked too quickly when I received the threat at the time but thanks to you guys I feel a lot comfortable. I wish I was more alert mode. So no worries about the video being published on fb? I deactivated my account and might make a new contact with more reinforced privacy settings. Will my friends family colleagues know any of this? I never interacted normal negotiated with the scammed. Thanks again guys great site.
jkappa
Junior survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:03 pm

0 results mean is no profile with this username on Facebook.

Can you, please, try to remember the screen-name used by this one with you? Skype/Yahoo name, adult site profile, Facebook link to "her" profile, email adress - if "she" tried to change emails with you. Every single detail can help us to locate the scammer online, to know what stolen pictures he use and in this way to let other potential victims to know about, before to be too late.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby jkappa » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Quote of the previous post deleted. Please, try to use the reply button, not the quote button. FF

Chat roulette where I met the individual by the screen name of emilie. Female with a recorded video I think. Told me to see each other on fb so I accepted by then the person entered my profile and started sending di text threats such as you can't win against me or you can't block, delete me so I panicked and then block and single the person on fb. My concern is what would really happen nothing correct? Everybody tells me to relax. The name on fb is emilie Wazzar lives in Paris works at Disney land Paris with a female profile pic and a pyramid pic as. The background. That's the most I can remember. Hope it will resolve.
jkappa
Junior survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Can you post the picture, please? You have one "Add image to post" option when you reply in topic. Thank you.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby jkappa » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:17 pm

eSo the chances of the video being published are slim? I did a research on the person nk results nothing. Just relax now? I have no pics
. Thanks very cool people
jkappa
Junior survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:29 pm

So long the scammer can not find you anymore to obtain money from you, you are safe.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby jkappa » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:19 pm

How about the video? Am I safe in everything or there is something else that I don't know? Are you guys just saying this to keep me calm? Sorry for all the questions but I haven't done anything wrong and this person is just trying to scare me off for no reason. Should I delete my email account as well? I never paid or negotiated with scammer.
jkappa
Junior survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com