Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Miraille-dur on Skype

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Miraille-dur on Skype

Unread postby greywind » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Scammed on Skype/Chatroullete

I have just an hour or so ago had a similar blackmail situation. The Scammer has a video of me, and although I tried to stall "her" she wouldn't give me any email or information from her side. Needless to say I didn't send her any money, she was asking for a Western Union bank transfer.
The Skype ID is: Miraille-dur and the supposed name is Miraille Duranee. "she" claimed she was on holiday in Morocco. Caliming she was 23.

I couldn't find the person on social networking sites so it's just an alias. I have deactivated my Facebook account, and ignoring all contact. The person has been blocked from my contacts since, so I am just anxiously awaiting any strange texts from a friend saying they have received a video. Is it better to keep my facebook active, and make people aware it could be a virus, or should I just stay low at the moment and hope they move on? I was delibirately complying at first, as not to antognise the person so they didn't send anything out of spite.
I saw video playback of the whole thing which lasted all of 5 minutes, but I have no idea what streaming sites it could be on, and which ones to make aware and how?

Everybody elses stories have put me at ease, thank you for sharing them. I hope this passes, and I will definitely avoid this type of behaviour in future.
greywind
New survivor

Re: Scammed on Skype/Chatroullete

Unread postby Big Al » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:47 pm

Hello Greywind,
I'm sorry you were scammed. If you haven't already, please read the thread that there is a link to in my signature line and follow the instructions there. Our experience is that it is the best course of action to take against these scammers. Thanks for posting what information you could about the scammer. Every little bit helps.

Big Al
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Miraille-dur on Skype

Unread postby firefly » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:28 pm

On Skype,

Miraille-dur
Language: French
BD: February 2, 1991

Image - royalty free stock photo.

About:
Is it better to keep my face book active
- no, is not better. It is better to deactivate your Facebook at least 2 weeks. Be sure the scammer is deleted and blocked in your Facebook, before to do it.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com