Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

SKYPE SCAM

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

SKYPE SCAM

Unread postby degendealer » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:56 am

ok starting to get worried, ive followed all the steps on here and also gone as far as ringing the police, basically same story as most on here started talking to a girl on a chat site, went to skype, opened cams and was recorded (Was ridic drunk at the time), now being blackmailed saying if i dont send money they will be posted on friends and family pages on facebook. follwed the steps i.e reported links to youtube, deactivated facebook. but really isnt helping me stop worrying, this happened a few hours ago and been told if the money isnt transferred by western union by 10:30am UK then the video will be posted. Any help guys?
degendealer
New survivor

Re: SKYPE SCAM

Unread postby degendealer » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:07 am

they sent me the link and i instantly reported them and atm they are deleted as far as i can tell but still doesnt stop me worrying, is there anything else I can do?
degendealer
New survivor

Re: SKYPE SCAM

Unread postby firefly » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:10 pm

Be sure you have done everyting requested to protect yourself: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580.

Try to control your panic. If the scammer can not communicate with you in any way, in short time hew will move on to the next victim. Be sure you dont even open messages received form the scammer. Even reading messages without reply mean communication.

You have here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4509 one topic about the aftermath.

Do not forget, please, to add detalis about your scammer:

- username in skype
- link to the fake profile used on Facebook /other dating/social site
- destination for the money and the name of the receiver
- email address and / or phone number (if...)

Any info can save someone else.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com