Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Skype Profile ID name: margarette.marga

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Unread postby scamalerts123 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:25 pm

Made the same mistake as most others looking for some advice here

Last night made the mistkae of chatting to someone on blendr then going on skype

one thing led to another and then I was naked on camera.

Figured out what was going on very quick and then completely stopped on things blocked the person and took all my personal info down.

Change FB name and picture, bloked them on skype, removed blender account.

Have had no contact from the scammer and my skype was pretty secure they didn't get anything other then my email address i don't think

I have recieved no emails or anything on facebook

Scammer went by "marga on blendr" 4 pictures of a blond girl some in a red football jersey claiming to be from brazil

skype account name: margarette.marga

I have not had any threats or contact made and have checked my google alerts for my name and nothing has come up so far

They were asking for my facebook when i asked for theirs after i figured out their plan so i don't think they have it since my privacy was high on it.

How likely is it that the small clip of me will be published online?? I've not done anything overly sexual in the footage!

Just looking for some feedback from people with more experience dealing with this.

Thanks

scamalert123
scamalerts123
New survivor

Re: Odds of backlash??

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:07 pm

Chances are very very slim as they were never added, nor did they know the FB account name, and do not know the new one, either. We recommend that you deactivate your FB account after changing username for two weeks, just to be sure the scammer cannot find you, and then realize that you will not talk nor pay.

Do you have any other details about scammer?
Their email address?
Phone number?
Person to pay, what city, country? Amount they wanted, and how to send it?

Edit to add:
Skype name: margarette marga
English
Female

Skype avatar picture:
Last edited by SlapHappy on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added info to post. move topic to blackmail scams.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby scamalerts123 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:49 pm

No other info about them. We never got to the threat s of cash or videos or western union or anything like that

I called them out on screen recording and they completely denied it I ended the chat and that was pretth much it. The only co cern I have is that someone I know has a video of me dancing on youtube and it comes up if you google my name. What's the odds of them contacting them to try get to me or if they think that is me.

Do these guys go looking on google to try and corner people or do they giv up after people back ff and cut contact. They wont find me but im worried theyll contact someone I know because of that video.
scamalerts123
New survivor

Unread postby scamalerts123 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:50 pm

My name is the smae as the skype name I was using

Thats why I am concerned they'll google my skype it and find the vidoe to f me dancing and try bribe someone they think is me
scamalerts123
New survivor

Unread postby scamalerts123 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:54 pm

What should I do??
scamalerts123
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:01 pm

scamalerts123 wrote:Do these guys go looking on google to try and corner people or do they giv up after people back ff and cut contact.

They usually give up very quickly if you block all avenues for them to contact you.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby scamalerts123 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:17 pm

Ok that is reassuring thank you.

Feel like a moron. Should I really delete my facebook it is on maximum privacy and the last conversation we had we he was trying to get my account link. I insisted I got his Facebook and then blocked them aftr no responses. Doesn't seem he had enough info.

Do you these guys operate out of Internet cafés and not save th footage or how do they store it? Is it going to be on a memory stick somewhere?
scamalerts123
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:45 pm

We recommend that you deactivate your FB, not delete it. Do not reactivate it, just to "peek and see if the scammer messaged you at the new username," either. After 2 weeks, reactivate it.

They do not store videos locally on sticks, pcs, or cellphones. Only online. You disappeared so quickly, I highly doubt that the video was ever uploaded, especially since you have seen nothing since the scam posted anywhere. They move fast, and drop quickly if there is no money in it.

All of your questions were already answered in the main topic, so I suggest that you RELAX, as you are safe now, and read or re-read every post in the main topic so you understand exactly how they operate. That should ease your mind.
Online blackmail. Read this first.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580

Then, head over to this topic and read the entire topic:
Closure. When will this all end? NEW! Coping Strategies! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4509

Also, go listen to podcast #11, an interview with a blackmail survivor like yourself, telling his story, which is typical of 99% of the survivors who come here. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1370&start=30#p26487
or http://scamsurvivors.com/podcasts scroll to number 11.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby scamalerts123 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:46 am

Hey thanks for the links and the replies above, its been a great help thank you!

Come to the conclusion after watching the interview in podcast 11 that "screw it" what does this person have to gain by being maliscious??

They have no way of contacting me directly, the second they air this stuff to someone I know they have no leverage (Secrecy is what they need to extort you) and they would have to be outrightly malicious to publish the content to do harm to the individuals they are targeting

1) It's time consuming for them to post the content
2) It makes their accounts they are using to continue scamming more prone to being shut down making them have to set up new ones with new content and generate new leads
3) They draw attention to themselves which may make them more likely to face some form of repercussions for their actions (Although this is unlikey to happen to them and they know it, nobody wants to highlight themselves especially when doing shady things, they need the shadows)

I'll keep monitoring the internet on the off chance something pops up but its not likely given how these lads operate.

Thanks for all the support!
scamalerts123
New survivor

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com