Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Please Help

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Please Help

Unread postby Fooled » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:03 pm

I must be the most stupid person on site. Got caught on Skype and also had given Facebook details. Got blackmailed next day, saw Lawyer who said pay and they will go away, Paid $1500 and closed facebook account. Didn't hear from them for a year but went on facebook about 4 months ago under a pseudonym. Got tracked down by same person but after paying another $1500 was hit with request for another $600. Refused and shut down all my internet presence. Now blackmailer has contacted my daughter on fb posing with her fb name with a message from a fb account with my name, both set up by blackmailer and asking for money. We got both facebook accounts closed. Now the only way the blackmailer can get hold of me is through my business listing address and phone number![unfortunately its a professional requirement for them to be public] As I not going to pay is the Blackmailer likely to contact me via phone or mail or do anything else. Worry about this 24/7. Any help/advice
Fooled
New survivor

Re: Please Help

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:51 pm

Please go here and follow all of the advice there to protect yourself and OTHER VICTIMS.
Online blackmail. Read this first. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580

Please post as many details on the scammer as you have here, or fill out our online form and we will post the details that you have for you:
http://scamsurvivors.com/bmform.htm
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Re: Please Help

Unread postby 911 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:33 pm

Fooled wrote:Didn't hear from them for a year but went on face book about 4 months ago under a pseudonym.

You are not stupid, In Life we make mistakes. Life is about living and learning throughout the journey. Its okay for you to be on face book but you need to learn how to use the Private setting that will prevent anyone from finding you on facebook. I was blackmail the same way, that you was last year in August. The only difference is I never paid the blackmailer any money. thanks to Scamsurvivors.com because I was able too! But anyway, I never deleted my facebook account. the only thing I did was deleted my Skype account and change all my setting on facebook. for example I cannot no longer be found on any search engines for facebook. no one can't even find me on facebook. else I add them myself or they are a friend of a friend. If anyone have a link to my facebook page, my facebook page will say this page has been deactivated. so the blackmailer will think my page was deleted if he/she tried to contact me on facebook. And also facebook have another setting, where no one can see the friends on your friends list. that's another good setting. and I believe that really saved me. the blackmailer wasn't able to send everyone on my friend list information. But on had the people who I had listed as family. But now I even have that block to as well. So all you need to do is change your settings. and don't add anyone who you do not know on facebook.

If you need any help we are here to help. If you need me to help you change your settings on your facebook I''m here to help you. God bless and be safe!
Junior survivor

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com