Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

hottymeh on face book

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

hottymeh on face book

Unread postby greatgunsy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:56 am

ok, first off, let me say that I am an idiot.
I've always known that skyping unknown girls was stupid, but I never thought it would result in something like this. To day I was on a chat site and saw a girl posting her Skype name saying to add her so I did. Yikes... We started chatting and she said she wanted to see my facebook page, so I sent her the address, but said I wouldn't add her as a friend. She immediately said I was hot... should have been a red flag there.... She asked to cam.. I said ok. Her cam showed a cute Asian girl, and she proceeded to undress and encouraged me to do so as well. After a few seconds, maybe a minute, her video was replaced by a picture of me. As the video played she said that she had all my FB friends in her contact list and will send them the video if I don't send money by Western Union. I was a little confused, and shocked at that point. She threatened to send the video to all my contacts (and had a screen shot of them) and post it on a bunch of video sites. VERY TERRIFYING!!!! I talked for a few seconds with her, before deleting her from my Skype contacts. The name she used was hottymeh, and she said she was 22 and from the US. As I said before, she looked Asian. I have no idea how this will turn out. I am an adventurer, live on a trapline, hunt, and do all sorts of things that have various scary situations in them. Let me state that NEVER have I been this scared in my life! I still live at home, although I am 19, and so am afraid of what my parents will find out. I never sent money because 1. I have no way to send it (no credit cards or paypal) and 2. Because I realized quickly how stupid this was and that I was going to have to live with the consequences. I am looked up to by my friends and family, am a (failed) Christian, who everyone looks to for advice and am well respected by nearly everyone I know. I am afraid this is all going to end because of a stupid mistake. I want to let everyone know that that *high* u get from chatting like that, is not in any way worth the risk un of this situation. I am absolutely terrified of what is to come here... if anyone has any advice or helpful hints or experiences, please let me know, I would very much appreciate them. From here on out I guess I will wait and hope it does not amount to anything...
greatgunsy
New survivor

Re: being blackmailed

Unread postby Wayne » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:30 am

I'm assuming you've read viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580 ? That will cover pretty much everything you need to know and is the result of dealing with well over 1000 cases like yours. If you have any other details, please post them as that way others can be helped too. Thanks.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby greatgunsy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:57 pm

wow, I can honestly say I've never lost sleep over anything before last night, then last night I could hardly sleep at all, trying to think of my options if the video were to be posted (move to Alaska, join the army etc lol) I checked this morning, and there is still nothing. I haven't heard back from the scammer since the initial threat. As soon as I saw it was a scam, I deleted/blocked him/her from my Skype, and I had never friended them on FB. I assume that since I never heard anything after the initial demand that means they either lost me or don't care anymore (hopefully) My late night thinking also ended up with me remembering that since her address was posted on a public chatsite, where every male was interested in girls lol, she probably had several more on the line as well who were being more productive. Hopefully anyway. I'm off to work now, so hopefully I can put it out of my mind for the day... On the bright side, I got the much needed motivation to stop that sort of chatting....
greatgunsy
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Other victims need the details of your scammer! Please post them ASAP, so they do not have to go through the pain that you experienced.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby greatgunsy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:46 pm

well, I don't know a whole lot... we didn't chat any amount of time, and I deleted everything before seeing this site, so I have to go on memory. The chatsite we met on was chatavenue I believe. Her name was hottymeh, and her profile pic looked Asian. She said she was 22 yrs old and from the U.S. She was trolling the chatsite asking guys to add her on Skype. She/he wanted the payment made through Western Union, but I never gave them a chance to tell me how much. She kept saying I was "hot" and calling me "babe" which I thought was odd, being as we had only been chatting for a few minutes. Guess I should have listened to my instincts. That's all I remember atm anyway. If I remember more, I will post it.
greatgunsy
New survivor

hottymeh on Facebook

Unread postby firefly » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:36 pm

On Facebook,

Naomi Ramos (Nana) aka hottymeh
Followed by 32 people

On dateinasia (profile no more available),

hottymeh - no picture
State / Region: Palawan
City: Puerto Prinsesa
Ethnicity: Asian
Appearance: Very Attractive
Height: 157 cm (5'2")
Weight: 50 kg (110 lbs)
Eye color: Black
Hair color: Brown
Education: University - Graduated
Religion: Christian - Catholic
Marital status: Single
Have children: No
Wants children: Undecided
Willing to relocate: Yes
Smoking: Socially
Drinking: Rarely drinks
I do what makes me happy and if you're not happy with it, TOUGH LUCK!

I love having a quality time with my whole family. For me being with them is the most treasured moments and our bond as family developed and strengthen our love with each other. We love doing the same things like traveling to other places, dining out with the whole gang, watching movies together and other leisure activities we love to do during weekends.

I was brought up by a respected and conservative family and my upbringing reflects to my personality, the way I talked, the way I dress and the way I mingle with people. I believe that a woman should be respected at all times and for me, it is her sole responsibility to act accordingly. It is also my belief that true beauty comes from within, it is your quality traits and attributes that make you beautiful inside and out. A beautiful woman don't have to bare herself or show too much skin to look sexy, alluring and hot! You can be sexy by simply being yourself, you can wrap your body from head to toe and people still noticed you, it is how you carry yourself that makes you a true beauty.

I hate rude men/women so you can't expect me to reply your rude messages. So I suggest not to bother sending me your nasty letters, you can keep it for yourself. Thank you for reading my profile.

I want to meet a Male
with age from 18 to 80
and I want to meet for Dating, Friendship, Serious Relationship and Networking.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: hottymeh on face book

Unread postby greatgunsy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:27 pm

yep, that's definitely her
greatgunsy
New survivor

Unread postby greatgunsy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:31 am

so, I have heard absolutely nothing from the scammer since she/ he said "send the money through Western Union, send it now". I immidiatly deleted and blocked them. Since then I have not heard anything from them and it has been 24 hours already. does that mean that thy have probably decided to ignore me? does anyone know?
greatgunsy
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:50 am

From our "Read this first" thread:

8. We recommend at this point that you deactivate your account for two weeks.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com