Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

doublephoneltd@gmail.com

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

doublephoneltd@gmail.com

Unread postby daz3162010 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi Guys

Completely new to this, and I just need anyone to give me some advice. Here is my story:

I was in contact with a "girl" on Skype, and unfortunately one thing led to another, and I ended up getting a long message, saying they have posted a video of what I had done on a website. They sent me the link, as well as a link to all of my email contacts, as well as my partner's addresses, Mine and her CV's and work email details etc. They said they wanted an amazon gift card, or they would email the link to everybody. They had evidently gotten into my pc, as they asked my email address and said they would send me something. They also told me the information was so easy to get hold of, and they had posted it all online using a pasting website.

I panicked, and told them I didn't have any money, and the threats got worse, with more abuse each time. They kept saying they were about to send the information, then holding off. Then when I went quiet they told me again they were about to, or that they had just sent it, taunting me each time.

Then I found this site later on in the day.

I have since deactivated the Skype account, changed my Facebook username, and deleted the hotmail account that all the contacts were associated with. I have also reported the video as abusive on the site, as well as telling the pasting site that my information needs to be taken down, as I didn't post it.

I have since received another email to another address saying I have 24 hours in which to pay, as they somehow saw my bank account details and found out my balance when I logged in. I have blocked this email address and I am not giving into their demands.

I think the worse thing about this, apart from the obvious feeling of dread and despair, is the invasion of privacy. As I have seen written on here many times, everybody makes mistakes, and this was mine. Worst case scenario is that this video will be posted out to people I know, including family and friends, or even posted to people.

I just needed to know I wasn't alone in this, and wanted to know if there was any advice on coping with this, or if anybody has had the same sequence of events happen to them?

Thanks Everyone
Last edited by firefly on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: email address in the subject line
daz3162010
New survivor

Re: Nightmare!

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Do you have details about this person? Can you post them, please? It would help other potential victims.

It seem they hacked your computer. Be sure you save all the details about the scammer first, and after that run a check on your system. It would be one good idea to contact your bank and to tell them you need to change your bank account details.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:17 pm

The victim met the scammer on Chat-Avenue. The email address used: doublephoneltd@gmail.com.

The email address were used online on craiglist:

MobilePhone System Testers Needed, paying €100 for a 5 minute test (The Netherlands)
Hello we are a new mobile phone company looking for people who would like to make some quick cash while helping us out.We need our mobile phone system to be checked by several people and we are offering you €100 via Cheque or PayPal if you would test our system.This will take no more than 5 - 10 minutes. If everything goes smoothly, we may ask you to test out something for us in the future.
Please send us an email if interested: doublephoneltd@gmail.com

Regards,
Peter O'Brien
Double Phone
it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby daz3162010 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi

I ran a check on my PC later that evening and it removed whatever issue was there, so hopefully that has been resolved.

Does this all sound very familiar to people? It said in the email it came from Canada, but I read on here that this may not be the case.

How likely is it that this will continue indefinitely?
daz3162010
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:21 pm

Be sure to sort out all the bank stuff over the phone, just in case they have a keylogger, plus disconnect it from the internet when you do the antivirus checks.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Re: doublephoneltd@gmail.com

Unread postby Wayne » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:23 pm

daz3162010 wrote:I was in contact with a "girl" on Skype, and unfortunately one thing led to another, and I ended up getting a long message, saying they have posted a video of what I had done on a website. They sent me the link, as well as a link to all of my email contacts, as well as my partner's addresses, Mine and her CV's and work email details etc.

What was the site they posted it on?
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby daz3162010 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:25 pm

Photobucket
daz3162010
New survivor

Unread postby daz3162010 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Apologies - I think the video was uploaded to photobucket, and it seems to have been removed.

The text details were uploaded to pastebin, who I have contacted and asked to remove all information, as it was not pasted on there by me
daz3162010
New survivor

Unread postby daz3162010 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi Everyone

Just an update on this - the blackmailer sent me links to videos and to my personal details, all of which were on pastebin.com. I have emailed the sites, and the links no longer lead to anything. One set of details was posted by a guest on the site, but the other was posted by timeforfun@live.co.uk, just in case anybody comes across this.

I'm hoping this will be the start of the end, but I will come back and update. I just wanted to say this site is a godsend for anyone who is a victim of this horrible scam, and it has definitely taught me that no matter what happens, I am not going to get involved in anything like it again!
daz3162010
New survivor

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com