Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Split from Important advice for searches.

Benefit from our years of experience with scammers.

Split from Important advice for searches.

Unread postby nottheone » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:08 pm

Wayne, this is nottheone: I received an alert from my bank that my bank account was being criminally investigated for fraudulent access internationally. I did not give any of my bank info to my scammer but I'm wondering, would they have the capability to gain access? I have since changed all my info at the bank and contacted my credit bureau and placed myself on high alert for fraud. Thank you for your input.
nottheone
Junior survivor

Re: Split from Important advice for searches.

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:06 pm

First, is this definitely from your bank? I ask because I've seen a large rise in phishing emails to my account recently and you say you never gave the scammer your bank details. If it was posted to you rather than emailed, then you can disregard this. I just want to confirm it first.

OK, so if it's really from your bank, then - as you say he has none of your banking details - is it possible your credit card has been cloned? You did the right thing in changing your details. Let's hope that puts an end to it, but keep a very close eye on your statements. Even log on and do internet banking each day to check there's nothing that shouldn't be there in the history.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby nottheone » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:40 am

Yes, Wayne it was from my bank. I called and then went into the bank and they verified it. My scammer contacted me again yesterday, after not hearing from him when I cut off all communique. He said the police came to see him and he knows I have been posting info about him on the scam site. I never shared that either.this is such a violation of privacy. I just thought this seemed to be too much of a coincidence. At any rate I will keep a close eye on my accounts. Thank you for your time and patience to answer my query.
nottheone
Junior survivor

Unread postby Pinky » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Please always keep in the forefront of what you know about your scammer, that he is a professional liar.

How could the police visit him when 'him' is completely fake? So . . . you have to calculate his reasoning for even saying this. First, he's still trying to get you to believe he is real. Secondly, if the police come to him and do nothing, you are again hoped to be convinced he's real and innocent. Third he wants to appear cooperative and even forgiving of your accusations. And last, he's established communications with you.

Do not respond.
Pinky
Junior survivor

Unread postby duckhunter » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:48 am

And please ... DO NOT click on any links or re-enter your email password where a request for such would not normally be. In all likelihood he won`t try to phish you (most scammers don`t) but take every precaution. Should you receive communication from banks, credit card providers - or whatever - by email, PHONE them back rather than click the `convenient`reply link.

And ditto Pinky`s advice .... do not reply to his efforts under any circumstances.
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Unread postby nottheone » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:28 am

Thank you Guys. At Duckhunter; that's just what I did. I called my bank to verify the info. They confirmed that it was valid, and my accounts were placed on alert status. I have not emailed him back and have no intention of. I believe in the old adage; screw me once, shame on me, screw me twice shame on you. At Pinky, thank you, my instinct told me he was using that as a ploy as far as the police, but given the fact that the bank confirmed the FBI investigation, I just wanted to run it by you guys since I'm naive about all of the info. I'm learning quickly though!! I appreciate all of you and your support. It does really help to have ppl you can trust with this delicate info. Again thank you!
nottheone
Junior survivor

Unread postby duckhunter » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:39 am

I'm learning quickly though!! I

You certainly are. Not a lesson that we would wish on anyone, but in the end you will not only be smarter, but you will be wise too. Hang in there girl ... you're doing great.

Btw ... if it's not too inconvenient, you might want to consider changing your email address/password ... just in case. One of our members here got caught in a phishing thing by her scammer a little while back. Fortunately, the first person the scammer begged money from (in her name) was me. Funny thing too ... he said he was Izziever, needing money to take care of her aunt Mary --- who was also me (one of my baiting accounts). ... guess you can imagine how well that worked out for him. :mrgreen:

She was fortunate. It could have been much worse and far more embarrassing for her if things had gone differently. It never hurts to take precautions.
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:56 pm

nottheone,

The others are all correct. And this "small boi" as we baiters call them will next maybe try some recovery scam on you. "The man has been arrested, and we can get your money back!" (For a fee of course...)
Ignore any emails or threats from "police, FBI, Banks, UN Compensation committees," or the like.

He will give up after he grows tired of talking into dead space with no response at all.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Help and advice.