Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Lottery scams. A joke and some advice.

Benefit from our years of experience with scammers.

Lottery scams. A joke and some advice.

Unread postby Wayne » Sun May 06, 2012 12:16 am

Joke copied from http://terhune.net/jokes/jokes1f147.html

A Jewish guy called Jacob finds himself in dire trouble. His business
has gone bust and he's in serious financial trouble. He's so desperate
that he decides to ask God for help. He goes into the synagogue and
begins to pray...........

"God, please help me, I've lost my business and if I don't get some
money, I'm going to lose my house as well, please let me win the
lotto".

Lotto night comes and somebody else wins it.

Jacob goes back to the synagogue.....................

"God, please let me win the lotto, I've lost my business, my house
and I'm going to lose my car as well".

Lotto night comes and Jacob still has no luck!!

Back to the synagogue..................

"My God, why have you forsaken me?? I've lost my business, my house,
my car and my wife and children are starving. I don't often ask you
for help and I have always been a good servant to you. Why won't you
just let me win the lotto this one time so I can get my life back in
order???".

Suddenly there is a blinding flash of light as the heavens open and
Jacob is confronted by the voice of GOD himself:

"JACOB, MEET ME HALF WAY ON THIS ONE, BUY A DAMN TICKET".

If you receive an email claiming you've won a lottery, ask yourself "Did I actually enter this lottery?". If the answer is no, then be suspicious. Search for the lottery you've been told you won to see if it has any scam hits. Scams like the Microsoft lottery even has its own page on their site that you can find at http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security ... hatis.aspx

Here's what it says:

What is the Microsoft Lottery scam?

The Microsoft lottery scam is a fraud that usually starts with an email messages that claim the recipient has won "The Microsoft Lottery."

There is no Microsoft lottery and if you receive this kind of email it has been sent by cybercriminals in an attempt to steal money from you.

These email messages are designed to engage you in a dialogue with the goal of persuading you to send them money. Once you've sent the money, the perpetrator will often re-contact you with a different story to convince you to pay more money to access the cash prize.

In order to access the fictitious prize, the criminal might ask you to pay a sum of money in advance to cover costs such as tax fees, courier services, United Nations clearance checks, attorney fees, and many others. The criminal often seems believable, and their methods are very creative. They use well-known company brands and personalities such as Microsoft and Bill Gates to lend credibility and authenticity to their email messages.

These email messages are designed to engage you in a dialogue with the goal of persuading you to send them money. Once you've sent the money, the perpetrator will often re-contact you with a different story to convince you to pay more money to access the cash prize.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Help and advice.