Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

How to remove your personal info on WhitePages.Com

Benefit from our years of experience with scammers.

How to remove your personal info on WhitePages.Com

Unread postby 911 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:34 pm

:!: I Just Found out you can change your information online on http://www.whitepages.com
I didn't like how people could search my real name and pull up my addresses, House Number, and my Real Name. So Now I have found a solution. follow theses Steps below to change your information.

1.Google your real name and go to whitepages.com or just going to whitepages.com and put in your first and last name. and the city and state which you live in.

2.When you see your first and last name, age and address etc. Click on claim it now!

3.When you click on claim, white pages will ask you to make an account. Once you make an account you will then be allow to edit your information.

4.#1 Thing you should do is click on Hide Address you shouldn’t want a scammer or a stranger to be able to find you online. Because it’s easy nowadays for someone just to Google map you and come straight directly to your home. #2 I recommend use a nick name instead of your real name so scammer want be able to search you online. For example if my name real name was John Doe, I would edited my name and put J.D DOE. And Hide my age and House phone number.

SN: Your information will be updated online by White Page as soon as you edit your information.

Junior survivor

Re: How to remove your personal info on WhitePages.Com

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:36 pm

Thanks for the helpful tip, 911. I'm sure this information can help some survivors avoid more harassment by scammers. :)
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:31 am

Hi 911

@ Slappy

Just tried this and could only come up with my name in the USA. Doesn't seem to apply for Canada.
Any ideas?

However, I do know from a very close friend that they forgot my address and phone number and tried to find me where I live and couldn't get any information.

RF
A scammer is only as good as the fear he creates.
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Unread postby 911 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:38 am

SlapHappy wrote:Thanks for the helpful tip, 911. I'm sure this information can help some survivors avoid more harassment by scammers. :)

You are more then welcome. :-)
Junior survivor

Unread postby 911 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:40 am

Ruffled Feathers wrote:Hi 911

@ Slappy

Just tried this and could only come up with my name in the USA. Doesn't seem to apply for Canada.
Any ideas?

However, I do know from a very close friend that they forgot my address and phone number and tried to find me where I live and couldn't get any information.

RF

I'm going to do some research about it, because it should be away to have it remove there too! I will have to Google Canada White Pages. and find out how to get this done.
Junior survivor

Unread postby 911 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:28 am

This so more information I found to help keep your private information offline. Resource:
http://www.squidoo.com/personalInformation
WhitePages.com - just like a regular hard copy white page book, whitepages.com has an online directory which is available to anyone on Internet. The White page lists your name and address in its search results if your phone number is not under unlisted number. This information is not more serious than others mentioned above. Most info can be found on hard copy phone books. You can remove your information via an online form avaliable on their website. In the form, you fill in your name, city, and state, and give a reason to remove, in the drop down list, you can select General Privacy Concerns as the reason to remove. Of course, the most serious personal information can be found at its Sponsor links after your name.

Yahoo and Lycos's People Search are also powered by Acxiom. If you just want to remove very basic search info from Yahoo, visit Yahoo Privacy Policy .

Peoplefinders.com is a People Search site actually associated with Intelius. The company helps people find family members, friends, classmates, military buddies, old flames and most anyone else in the United States. People Finders also provides more than 40 years worth of historical records. Peoplefinders.com require you to write a letter and signed by you with the following information in the letter, your name, address, former addresses going back up to 20 years. Refering to Peoplefinders.com private policy for details on opt-out process.

Anywho.com, Address.com, Infospace.com, 99lists.com, Peoplelookup.com, Phonebook.com, thepublicrecords.com, Zabasearch.com, backgroundcheckgateway.com, etc are all linked Intelius on personal background information check. Most of these sites provide phone number and address search only, but background and personal information check is done through Intelius .

If you concerned about name/address search at ZabaSearch (which shows your history of address changes), you can contact ZabaSearch to remove you information from their search engine. ZabaSearch has an option out feature right after you clicked your name.
Junior survivor

Unread postby duckhunter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:46 am

Excellent work 911.

I personally operate under fake names at all times on the internet, so probably wouldn`t have to go that far ... but others might find this information very useful.
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Return to Help and advice.