Site logo

Advert.
Switch to full style
For general scam based discussions.
Topic locked

Welcome to the general scam section.

Mon May 21, 2012 7:23 pm

We've created this section for people with general queries about scams. Maybe you want to know how a particular scam works or why a scammer will use a particular website. Here you can ask and we'll answer the best we can.

Re: Welcome to the general scam section.

Mon May 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Great idea for a new section. This should generate some really good questions and answers. Instead of posting questions in other sections this gives a potential new member/guest a place to head to.
Thanks, Wayne
RF

Mon May 21, 2012 9:52 pm

I should say that this was firefly's suggestion, so she should be the one thanked for it.

Joehoe! I am new here

Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to tell you all here that registered too and i am very happy to meet you all.

Kind Regards,

Olaf

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Welcome to SS, Rev. Olaf, my old friend. :D

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:37 pm

I have a question...
Do scammers use chats to scam you?
And if the chats are over a year old, and I have blocked the user, what is the likelihood?
Just wondering

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Depends what you mean by chats. Scammers will use instant messaging to chat to a person as part of the scam, plus there's a new twist where they record a person's webcam and blackmail them with the footage.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:46 pm

I mean, they never said that they wanted money or anything. I'm a really paranoid person, and after reading these blackmail things, it worries me that they may look back at their Skype history and somehow find a chat log that they could use against me. No webcam. Chats are years old.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:49 pm

If they're years old and there was no mention of money, then I would think you're fine.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Ok great (: I was young and didn't really know what I was doing. Oh and do you think that I would remember turning my webcam on...? Sorry, weird question, but like I said I am very paranoid and now that I have read this forum, millions of scenarios are running through my head.
Topic locked