Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Study I am doing

For general scam based discussions.

Study I am doing

Unread postby Blue » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Hello all, (I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this idk lol)
I have been studying some cyber laws for school, and I have a few questions.

1. If someone is chatting with someone on, let's say, Skype, and the person is not aware that the person they are chatting with is a minor and the minor turns on their webcam of them "exposing" themselves, could the other person be charged for anything?

2. If a minor poses as an adult on Skype or any other chatting website and has an 'innappropriate' conversation with an adult, could the minor or adult be charged (if the minor never revealed their true age)?

3. If a minor is doing something on a webcam, such as 'dancing suggestively' without undressing, is it still considered child p***?

thanks
Blue
New survivor

Re: Study I am doing

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:43 pm

I am no lawyer and we do not have lawyers on our staff, but a guess would be No to all three.
Of course, this would depend on what country the two parties were from, and possibly what state, even.
Who would have jurisdiction is another question. I suggest you ask a real lawyer.

Of course, our best advice is:
Do not talk suggestively to any unknown person online. And, keep your pants on.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to General scam discussions.