Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Celebrate our 2nd birthday with some site facts and figures.

For general scam based discussions.

Celebrate our 2nd birthday with some site facts and figures.

Unread postby Wayne » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:39 pm

On the 26th of this month, this site (and our sister site, stupidscammers.com) will celebrate its 2nd birthday. Here are some interesting facts and figures about the past 2 years.

The "lozenge" part of our site logo is actually made from a photo of the sky, mirrored. From start to finish it took 7 hours and dozens of revisions to create. Ask Slappy. He got to see every single one.

Our first host was on a £5 a month shared server. The host we use now costs us 30-35x that, depending on the exchange rate.

Our second host kicked us after we were DDoSed so badly it took down the entire shared host, along with several hundred other sites. Yeah, sorry about that.... :oops:

In 2013 alone we were hit by a DDoS attack a total of 21 times. The net result - 40 minutes of downtime. The largest attack we had was 6.5Gbps

In its first month, the site received 850 unique visitors. Now we get around 6700 a day.

Due to a glitch in one of the addons to the site, there are two "Wayne" admins. One only has 77 posts, the slacker.

The most unique visitors we had in a single month is 234,524. The most visitors at a single time is 571.

From the first three members to join, two are still active and are forum staff. But not that lazy assed, 77 posts Wayne.

To date we have received 1274 feedback forms with blackmail scammer details.

Between us, the forum staff have over 22 years' experience in dealing with scammers.

We'll add more as we think of them.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Re: Celebrate our 2nd birthday with some site facts and figu

Unread postby HillBilly » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:55 pm

Happy Birthday Wayne and other staff. The #'s growing show that something is working for the good!!!!

the ddos attacks show the scammers think your evil, too <GRIN> :lmao:
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Here's more. The average number of people to visit our live help room every day is 48

Our gallery holds 4723 images. We have 47863 posts, 17628 topics and 2814 members on our forum.

We've been threatened with legal action five times. Two of those cases resulted in the site now linking to us and in one case we were issued an apology by the company once they realised what our site is about.

We've made 21 monthly podcasts, 2 of which were late.

Our forum staff consists of five members, two of which are former scam victims, and three of which are baiters.

Wayne and SlapHappy met while listening to a baiting podcast 6 years ago. Since then they've worked together on around 50 podcasts for 3 different sites.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne

Unread postby Dodobird » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:49 pm

Happy birthday to Scamsurvivors and many more years to all of you!

May more scammers and scams be exposed, more victims helped and more scammers made to whine! :D
The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names
Dodobird
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:20 pm

yeah, Happy Anniversary SS. :D

Here are some more logo stats.
That lozenge wasted 7 hours of my time, downloading and saying, "nahhh, or yeah...finally, sure you will do it the way you want anyway." I wish I had that 7 hours of my life back.

The rest of the logo took another week, and I was again subjected to the downloading and questions...
when I could have been doing laundry or something else constructive. Damn you, perfectionist Wayne!!
That must have been the 77-poster Wayne. I'm glad he turned into a ghost here now. No more time-wasting forum image questions.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Wayne » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:09 am

Big Al has reported over 450 bank accounts used by scammers. That's a lot of stolen money being taken away from them.
Wayne

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:49 am

Great job, Big Al! :D The DDoSes are the silent screams we never get to hear from those baastaads, and a big part of the fault lays on your shoulders. :D :lol:
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby Big Al » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:18 pm

Small correction. I should hit 550 bank accounts reported this week sometime. Yesterday I reported an account from the Bank of China. I'd say that's the most unique place I've reported one from. In my first two years I've reported a .EDU from Iran. No idea what if any action was taken as I never received a reply from them. Frankly, I had a bit of indecision about that one after all the kind things their country has done for the USA. Since I started this hobby, I've met three other baiters in person and plans in the works to meet others in the future. Some of the greatest feelings I get from doing this is when someone registers on the site and leaves a post on one of my threads saying "I almost got scammed but I found this first". Another is when I post Refugee details for the Banker & Lawyer and see the number of hits go ballistic. As Wayne, Slappy, & Firefly know, it means someone has gotten as far as the payment phase of the scam before finding us and hopefully getting warned off by our information.

It's been a pleasure to work with you PPL and I'll probably be around so long as you'll have me.

Congrats on the first two years and a toast to many more years of helping victims and hurting scammers any way we can. Very few people know the number of hours we spend collecting & reporting the information contained here. It's a labor of love for victims and potential victims and anger to the heartless trash scammers we encounter.

Have an awesome day!!
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:46 pm

Here is another stat. We have 45 members here who are in the Supporters Group. These are the people who generously contributed to help keep this site running and to help others. Thank you again for your concern for others and for your donations. Their names are in Gold here on their posts. :D
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby Tomi » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:55 am

Wow! It's already 2 years?! Happy Birthday/Anniversary SS!!! I may not be active here as I used to be but I'll be forever grateful to this site for the support I received when I so needed it.

Congrats to Wayne & to the whole team! Keep up the great works & may you continue the passion & dedication of fighting scam & helping victims---my great admiration to all of you.

Cheers!
Tomi
Senior survivor

Next

Return to General scam discussions.