Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Have I been scammed? Help!

For general scam based discussions.

Have I been scammed? Help!

Unread postby amijanebrown » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Hello,
I'm needing help please on if I have been scammed?
I ordered a washing machine from a website that came up on google. I could only pay by bank transfer. I had paid the money by bank transfer which included express delivery , this guarenteed next day delivery. I have not yet recieved any confirmation of payment, order or delivery and it's been nearly a week. I tried ringing the number and it just rings, it was answered twice and both times they hung up. I then started to investigate online and found out that there was 2 addresses, one in London, one in Northampton, both addresses were not this company! The telephone number is in Cheshire, and the bank account in Essex! I have tried emailing this company to all 4 email addresses and all of them failed to deliver because they were an unknown address. I have just sent off a letter, breach of contract, to both addresses recorded delivery today to see if I get anything back.
Please can someone help me ?
Thanks x
amijanebrown
New survivor

Re: Have I been scammed? Help!

Unread postby firefly » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Hello, amijanebrown,

can you give us some details? Email adresses used by this company, phone numbers, the site name found by Google where you ordered?
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby amijanebrown » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:12 pm

Hello,

The website is www.fiebol.com

Their email addresses are cs@fiebol.com, customerservice@fiebol.com, complaints@fiebol.com and fiebol@consultant.com

Their telephone number is 01244 940799

Their addresses that's mentioned as thier registered address is for a different company

Thank you for helping x
amijanebrown
New survivor

Unread postby duckhunter » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:23 pm

Welcome amijanebrown.

It doesnt look good. http://www.fiebol.com is a website that is based in United States, among other places. Also, it has been listed as a high risk site on a scam advisor report:
When checking fiebol.com we looked at many factors, such as the ownership details, location, popularity and other sites relating to reviews, threats etc. Although a site may have a high trust rating, it's worth just checking the countries involved as these could indicate that goods would be shipped from abroad rather than your home country.

This site has a trust rating of 15%. (Not good).
Website Location: Belarus

Probable website origin :-
33%; United States
30%; Australia
20%; Denmark
8%; Germany
5%; Netherlands
5%; Belarus

Notes:-
Although this website appears to be based in Belarus there are other countries involved and you should review this information carefully and decide if it is as you expect.It may be operating from the United States
This website appears to be new and is only 127 days old.
The owner of the website is using a service to hide their identity
This is site is not very popular and has a low page rank
The website expected life is short.
The website appears to be less than six months old

A couple of reviews:
Total scam. They took my money and no product arrived. I telephoned to find out what had happened and the guy panicked and said 'call back in five minutes to spek to manager' and hung up. Then when I tried to call on my landline never an answer. So I tried on my mobile and the guy answered immediately. When I said who I was he hung up. I tried to call back on my mobile no answer. So I tried a mates mobile, again he answered immediately, when I said who I was again he hung up. Tried calling back on that mobile, no answer.

TOTAL SCAM

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID

I have already ordered a TV off there and nothing has arrived, its been 8 days, no answer to my emails and some guy hung up on me too. what do I do now?

Im sorry you were scammed.
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Unread postby amijanebrown » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:46 am

Oh no!
Is there any way I can get my money back?
Also how can I help to get this website shut down so this doesn't continue to happen? The police don't want to know.
I have a case going with trading standards at the minute.
amijanebrown
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:49 pm

If you're in contact with trading standards then you're already talking to the best people to deal with it. Keep us informed with how it goes.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby amijanebrown » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Thank you

I'll keep you updated
amijanebrown
New survivor

Unread postby duckhunter » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Please do.

We care to know how this situation works out for you ... and cross our fingers that the outcome is good.
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Unread postby amijanebrown » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:36 am

The website has now been closed down, I don't know by who yet.
The websites host is in India, do you think it's worth me ringing them ?
amijanebrown
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:17 pm

If it's shut down then the host has done their job. No need to have any more contact with them. Chances are that others have been working on getting it shut down too. Now you need to concentrate on dealing with the bank to try and get your money back.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Next

Return to General scam discussions.