Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Have I been scammed? Help!

For general scam based discussions.

Re: Have I been scammed? Help!

Unread postby amijanebrown » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Ok thanks for that, I'll try my best to get my money back and will let you know.
amijanebrown
New survivor

Unread postby amijanebrown » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:20 pm

The police have said that this happens all the time and there are hundreds of people that have been in the same situation. I also don't stand a chance of getting my money back because it's probably in another country now.
The only thing forward for me, is to seek legal advice as the bank should have picked up on the suspicious activity in the fraudsters bank account well before I got scammed.
It's worth a try I suppose. I also have to get back onto my bank account to get a fraud claim form filled out.
amijanebrown
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:10 pm

Yes, you will never get your money back, I'm sorry to say. You should change your bank account number and close the old account, just to make sure that they cannot get at any more of your money.

You may also be able to claim a loss on your taxes from the scam. I know that if you are in the USA you can.
You may be able to do the same in other countries.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby duckhunter » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:42 am

Sorry amijanebrown. I had actually thought that since the website appeared to be based in the US there might be more that could be done.

Again, please keep us posted anyway ... everything you learn might help someone else in the same situation.
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Previous

Return to General scam discussions.