Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

New approach for senegalese scammers?

For general scam based discussions.

New approach for senegalese scammers?

Unread postby firefly » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:49 am

After they have made Senegal famous for refugee scams, it seems that few scammers from the same area test something new. This time they dont pretends to be orphan young african girls, in refugee camps, but men, searching for love online. I have bait few this days on different dating sites and i have noticed that other anti-scam sites reported also scammers using men´s stolen pictures with senegalese IP lately.
Without the Reverend Father or a few million to share, the script is almost the same like in usual romance scams: "widow" men, with a full life but without one woman near. Appear to have some problems with geography... :) I do not even have to mention that all are white males and all of them used english...
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: New approach for senegalese scammers?

Unread postby duckhunter » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:36 pm

I've run across the same thing ... also a few Togo and Gambian love scammers.
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Unread postby firefly » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Funny is that most of them admit that they are Nigerians living in Senegal... Competition?
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby duckhunter » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:02 pm

From what I have learned, Nigerian interlopers inspired the Ghanaians to try their own hands at romance scamming. After a while many of the Nigerians went back to their own country, but by then Sakawa had become big business in Ghana.
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter

Unread postby scallywag » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:23 pm

I also learnt from when I've spent time in Gambia, that the majority of love scammers living in Gambia are nests of Nigerians living there (they also sell car/engine parts along the roads in the towns and villages in small outbuildings and whatever else they may sell). I even got invited into a Nigerian internet cafe - a small tin hut with a curtain across. Needless to say I backed off politely, but I should have been inquisitive and go in and have a peek. The vast majority of Gambians are Muslim, with only small groups of Christians made up from other African States and white western people living there.
scallywag
Junior survivor

Unread postby TheDane » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:31 am

duckhunter wrote:also a few Togo and Gambian love scammers.

Togolese love and penpal scammers are quite common - at least, I've seen them around ever since I started doing this 2 years ago.
TheDane
Super survivor

Unread postby duckhunter » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:59 am

am XXX form Nigeria but am in Togo , i will like to be your friend okay . ilove you so i will send me your mail okay
duckhunter

Return to General scam discussions.