Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

We do NOT "scam the scammers".

For general scam based discussions.

Re: We do NOT "scam the scammers".

Unread postby scambaiter316 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:16 pm

I have to agree with what everyone has said. I began scam baiting in 2006 and have enjoyed every minute. The scammers assume that everyone is as stupid as they are and are going to blindly send them money. They do not think that anyone is going to do any research or call them on something. That is what I do. I have had them call me at all hours of the day and night. I always answer and try to keep them on the phone as long as possible to use up their phone credits etc. If I am given a us number I always look it up and if the number is in a different location (which is usually always the case) then I will ask the scammer point blank why are claiming to be in "city A" when you phone number
says your in "city B". Its things like this that get them frustrated. I have had so many call and then after few minutes of me asking them questions that basically make them look dumb because they dont have a clue as to how to answer they get mad and hang up. I have never made any money off of them because that way I would be no better than they are, but I do set them up and string them along until the point where they will get pissed and hang up the phone or send a hate email in all caps. It makes them look so dumb. The one that gets them most is when they claim to be in the US at "airport A" but their ip address has them in Africa or if they say they are at "airport A" and I will say I live close by why don't I meet you lmao@how they backpedal from that.
scambaiter316
Junior survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:23 am

I truly hope you are using all false information to do this. Do not use any of your real life information. It's just not a safe practice to use any of your real information ok?

We do not tell them that we know they are not where they say they are point blank. They become better scammers if you burn them like that. But telling them you live just down the street from the airport they are in is a really funny situation.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:23 am

Hi - haven't been here for awhile but this is a discussion that should be carried on with...how many people come to this site looking for help and especially if they feel they are being used for all the wrong reasons.
I had forgotten about this subject, sadly, but have met a few people recently that need help within their personal life due to a scam and being asked to help the scammer stop. This site has to keep going in order to inform people of how their life can change due to a scam.
Education is the only way to do it and hopefully this site is doing it.
RF
A scammer is only as good as the fear he creates.
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:59 pm

If the Scammer is asking their victims to "help them quit scamming" it is just another ploy to gain their trust and get more money from them. They will tell every lie in the book (And a few that aren't in the book yet) in order to keep their victims. Especially ones who they've already gotten money from.
"Look for the lies."
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby Devil_woman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Baiting lures scammers into the fantasy of a massive 'payday' with no chance of ever getting a penny. Getting them to waste time, money and phone credits in the pursuit of riches.

After numerous failed efforts the scammer may feel just like his victims, that is revenge. :evil:
Devil_woman
Supreme survivor

Unread postby A.J » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:50 am

First of all, an introduction. I am "Alan" and many of you will know me from other anti-scam and baiting sites.

Big Al wrote:If the Scammer is asking their victims to "help them quit scamming" it is just another ploy to gain their trust and get more money from them. They will tell every lie in the book (And a few that aren't in the book yet) in order to keep their victims. Especially ones who they've already gotten money from.

I currently have a scammer on the hook, who swears blind that he is sorry for the military romance scam that he was running and was only doing it because he needs drugs for his mother's cancer and he has now stopped. He then asked the "victim" if she could just send the $650 to save his mother. At the same time, he is in touch with another "victim" and starting the same script on them.

firefly wrote:No revenge in any actions as such, no hidden motives. And it's sure not just to have fun. Baiting involve a lot of work and it´s done with a clear mind, not with feelings. The scammers are criminals hurting people.

Some "baiters" do arrive at baiting sites because they've seen the silly signs, tattoos and stories of scammers being safaried 1000s of miles and think it will be fun to embarrass the "dumb criminal in the Internet cafe". They don't tend to stay around long when they realise that it isn't as easy as it looks to even get a simple photo from a scammer and disappear off to find their next hobby. The ones that stick around are the ones that see the bigger picture and realise that while there is fun to be had, there is a lot more important stuff going on, such as closing down fake websites, reporting compromised bank accounts and credit cards and warning/helping victims.
Not as "new" as I look ;)
A.J
Junior survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:07 pm

Welcome to Scam Survivors A.J. I joined this community never intending to even do this type of work. I was merely appreciative of the people who do. Someone said to give it a try and now 2 1/2 years later....... :D
"Look for the lies."
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby HillBilly » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:49 pm

Hiya and welcome to ScamSurvivors AJ / Alan,

You might recognize my handle as well. ;) We all may be here on anti-scam sites for reasons that are many, and varied, but I believe that together as a whole unit, we can all work together to educate. Some help with different sectors ( not wanting to name how involved it can get), but if we all work together for the same goal it helps us all out in the long run.
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby very worried » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:39 am

I'm thinking i'd like to become a "Baiter" now,i'm very interested in it for sure
very worried
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:08 am

very worried,

Recent victims should never bait scammers, especially during the time that they are not even recovered from the scam.
Blackmail scammers cannot be baited at all, even by veterans like us, without hurting other victims.
If you are thinking of baiting for "revenge," that is also a bad idea. Complete emotional detachment must be maintained, and it is not a hobby to be taken lightly as these are criminals, with contacts around the world.

It's best if you forget about that for now and recover.
Here is some help:

recovery and reassurance
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4509

Interview with a blackmail survivor, a member of our website:
http://scamsurvivors.com/podcasts/ Click Playlist button in the upper left of the player. Scroll to podcast #11.

Interview with New Light, a blackmail survivor:
http://scamsurvivors.com/podcasts/ Click Playlist button in the upper left of the player. Scroll to podcast #16.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

PreviousNext

Return to General scam discussions.