Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Fake retailers used in holiday shopping scams

Report any emails with fake links attempting to steal your ID, and any fake sites used by scammers.

Fake retailers used in holiday shopping scams

Unread postby firefly » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:58 am

Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the start of the holiday shopping season. The companies advertise discounts and special prices, while people search for goods that can be bought cheaper now than at any other period of the year. Most of the searches are done online.

For scammers is also a golden time opportunity to target victims and steal their money.

How the fraud works:

The scammers register and publish fraudulent websites, some specially created for this season, others used to defraud victims all year long. They heavily promote their fake sites on social media - Facebook, Instagram, Reddit etc., promising bargain prices for expensive items or offering vouchers and gift certificates for buying those products cheaper.

In some cases, the domains abuse names of known brands. In other cases, the fake websites show content similar to real known brands, while having no connection with those brands.

Any victim searching for the fake store online will find pages after pages of products highly rated:

rating.JPG

The content on the fake websites is almost the same:

We offer a huge selection of gear from top quality brands, all in one convenient place. We are passionate about our goal of bringing our fans across the globe access to their favorite gear. We pride ourselves on not only carrying a large selection of officially licensed products from the top brands, but also industry leading customer service, shipping and return policies.

The victim is lured to the fake store website to buy the product. To do it, the victim needs to register as a user, providing his name location, email address and phone number.

The ordering procedure ends with the victim asked to give the credit card details:

cctheft.JPG

Each fake site has also a detailed explanation about how the payment must be done:

Since personalized goods (e.g. Personalized clothing and accessories) cannot be refunded, you must pay for them in advance.

Secure digital payment
Payment using your credit or debit card is completely secure. We don’t handle any credit card numbers. Payment is handled by our partner using secure means of authentication and the strictest banking procedures.

Credit card details are sent directly to the bank and cannot be read or accessed by anyone other than the user’s bank.There is no extra cost when paying by credit card.

What are "MasterCard Securecode", "Verified by Visa" and American Express "Safekey"?
MasterCard SecureCode , Verified by Visa and American Express SafeKey are services that offer added protection when making online purchases with debit cards (not just on our site!).

They enable you to create a password - known only to you - that you insert each time you use your debit card online for improved security of your transaction. Sign up for the service at your credit card website and follow the on-screen instructions when you place an order on our site.

Alternatively, you can contact the bank that provided you with the card. You will be asked to create a password. You only have to do this once: you will be asked for the password when you make an online payment using the card.

What happens next is that the product never arrives. The scammer will charge the credit card with a higher amount as the alleged value of the product. Next step - the scammer uses the credit card to buy goods online without the credit card owner permission or knowledge.

The best option, if you fall for this, is to contact your bank and report the fraud. Ask for a refund and change your credit card to avoid losing more money.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

rzrvrtgoods.com

Unread postby firefly » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:08 am

A victim contacted us, asking if we can check an online store he bought goods from, but the goods never arrived.

Email received:

To:
Sent: Saturday, 16 November 2019
Subject: Order Confirmation No: xxx
Order Confirmation from rzrvrtgoods.com

xxx

Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order.
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: xxx
Date Ordered: Saturday 16 November, 2019
Detailed Invoice: https: // www. rzrvrtgoods.com/account_history_info.html?order_id=xxx

Products
1 x 2x3600mAH Replace for Dewalt 12v Battery XRP DW9072 DC9071 DW9072 DC742KA DE9074 (132359613515) = $14.51
1 x Windproof Welding Soldering Gun Mini Butane Gas Micro Blow Torch Lighter BBQ (254030261640) = $5.36
1 x 2x 9003 H4 Wire Harness Adpters Socket Plug Cable Headlight Connector Extension (232515935654) = $5.03
1 x 50CM 216 LED Lights Meteor Shower Rain 8 Tube Xmas Snowfall Tree Outdoor Decor (192717814218) = $8.51
Color Blue
Panels 110V-240V EU Plug
Print / Size 20CM / 96LED / 8Tubes
1 x Christmas Star Laser Projector Shower Light LED MOTION Outdoor Landscape Lamp JB (323645588712) = $7.73
Plug EU Plug
pattem 12 Patterns Switchable Lights
1 x 3MX2M 200LED Fairy Net Mesh String Lights Xmas Christmas Party Garden Outdoor US (401640909017) = $4.21
Types 3MX2M 200LED Multi-color
Sub-Total: $45.35
Table Rate (Best Way): $0.00
Total: $45.35

Delivery Address
xxx

Billing Address
xxx

Payment Method
Payment by credit card
-----
This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to service1@vinayotap.com
-----
Copyright (c) 2019 rzrvrtgoods.com. Powered by Zen Cart
This email is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect 01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored and respected.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: vinayotap.com

Unread postby firefly » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:14 am

Other victims complaints involving email addresses of vinayotap.com:

I made the order from Portugal, where I live. It is unfortunate that these dishonest people continue to deceive and that the authorities are doing absolutely nothing. I made a complaint to the police and to my bank, but it was useless, I had my money taken.

I fell for their scam. The same email address Service1@Vinayotap.Com brings up a bunch of knock-off sites that uses this as the contact email. A coworker of mine swore by this website and showed me the great deals on a Keens sale and I dropped $90 on winter boots for my kids. They charged me twice for over $100 and I'm sure those shoes are never going to arrive.
My bank says to come in and fill out some paperwork but since I willingly gave them my card information, it's most likely gone. I canceled the card, at least so no more charges can be made.
Usually I'm very careful about purchasing things online. But like the old saying goes "if it's too good to be true, it most likely isn't." Just wanted to share my experience so others might have a warning.

I shoulda known it was too good to be true but it seemed like a legit website and somehow is still up and running probably stealing everyone's money. I"m sick of these darn criminals. My order was placed Friday but by Sunday, I still had not gotten any email confirmation so I knew something felt wrong. So I reviewed my credit card account and sure enough, I saw two charges out of Bangkok china for amounts greater than my one order. Called my cc company and disputed them. Also had my card cancelled and getting a new one with a new number. This just pisses me off. And today I finally get a bogus email confirmation stating my order was successful. no info on the order but it was from none other than service1@vinayotap.com. (bleeping bastards) I just don't get why people can be such damn criminals like this.

At this point, we were able to identity more fake store websites all using associated email addresses:

service1@vinayotap.com
service2@vinayotap.com
service3@vinayotap.com
service4@vinayotap.com
service5@vinayotap.com
service6@vinayotap.com
service7@vinayotap.com
service8@vinayotap.com
service9@vinayotap.com
service10@vinayotap.com
service11@vinayotap.com
service12@vinayotap.com
service13@vinayotap.com
service14@vinayotap.com
service15@vinayotap.com
service16@vinayotap.com
service17@vinayotap.com
service18@vinayotap.com
service19@vinayotap.com
service20@vinayotap.com

A second group of email addresses used together with emails mentioned above belongs to the domain name customerservicesglobal.com:

helpdesk@customerservicesglobal.com
orders@customerservicesglobal.com
cs1@CustomerServicesGlobal.com
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Fake retailers used in holiday shopping scams

Unread postby firefly » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:42 am

There is no connection between the domain name definition and who the fake stores claim to be.

For example, academy-fahrschule-zobl.de claims to be a Patagonia Outlet; ateliergardeurstyle.eu claims to be a knowng German fashion store; bestercaffe.at is a spoof of MBT Shoes; brookchivell.com pretends to be Famous Footwear.

Other fake websites uses names more close to the original brands they impersonate: bossinclothingstore.com claims to be a Hugo Boss outlet; adidnmdsale.com impersonates an Adidas outlet; karllagerfeldshop.eu pretends to be Karl Lagerfeld Shop.

Despite of names and colors, the fake websites are looking the same: highly discounted prices, no location or phone numbers and same "about us" and payment details.

Some are spoofing known brands:

rzr.JPG

puma.JPG

mbt.JPG

karl.JPG

boss.JPG

adidas.JPG

acad.JPG

Some are not spoofing known brands:

store1.JPG

store2.JPG

store3.JPG

store4.JPG

store5.JPG

The list of fraudulent domain names identified so far as belonging to the same scam syndicate, can be found here: https://db.aa419.org/fakebankslist.php? ... t=chincard.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Fake sites/Phishing sites.