Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Fake sites impersonating Amazon - job scams

Report any emails with fake links attempting to steal your ID, and any fake sites used by scammers.

Fake sites impersonating Amazon - job scams

Unread postby firefly » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:38 am

Victim complaint:

I was duped into sending my info in with a picture of my id ; I went to a website www. amz-center.com and entered my info because a good friend of mines who is an HR person told me about it.
After I gave them my info, I received a call stating they could not use my greendot card; so I opened a capitalone account and sent it. Fortunately, the capone card allowed me to see that my social was on the dark web so I have put a freeze on my credit.

The fake site impersonates Amazon.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: amz-center.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:43 am

The fake site impersonates Amazon.

From the fake site:

The Amazon Center department is responsible with recruiting competitive in order to help our company expand and reach it’s goals!
We evaluate each candidate with attention to make sure we establish and long and successful relationship.
Once we confirm your job application, you will be contacted by one of our Financial managers in order to get start!
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions during the process, we are here to help!

At the moment we currently seek to expand our Financial department, so the only available position available we have, is the Financial Agent position. The other vacancies are filled in through other channels and not through our main Recruiting Center. You can visit indeed for more job opportunities if you see yourself doing something else.

Your duty as a Financial agent will be to receive and process the payments coming from our clients via Bank Wire transfer. When we receive an order, from one of our clients, the payment will be deposited into the bank account you choose to use for this job. Once a payment gets deposited into the provided bank account, your job will be to withdraw the money in cash, keep your 5% commission and with the remaining balance you have to pay invoices for Amazon, towards our suppliers, companies that we work with, or if not needed, just to return the money to other branches of Amazon.
Below you can find a simple 4-step procedure on how a payment needs to be completed:
1. Client orders a service from Amazon and deposits the money into your bank account that you will use for the job.
3. Once you have the money available, you will have to pay the invoices that are sent to you by your Financial manager, via Western Union or Money Gram.
4. Once the invoices are paid, e-mail us a copy of the receipts for confirmation.
5. E-mail is received on our end, the payment is complete.
We process the payments received from sales service through our Financial agent network as, there is no direct product involved and we can direct the funds, worldwide , where our company needs it

Contact details:

PO Box 81226 Seattle, WA 98108-1226
(509) 207-4162
support@prime-amz.com

+15092074162
Type: Non-Fixed VoIP (e.g. Skype or Google Voice)
Original carrier: New Cingular Wireless Pcs, Llc

How it works:

Once you find the role you are interested, click the purple “Register Now” button next to the menu bar at the top of the page. Then, follow the directions on your screen, create a new profile.

We often get hundreds, and sometimes thousands, of applications for our open positions here at Amazon. We always follow Federal requirements when we review the résumés sent to us by candidates and contact the people we’d like to learn more about. Unfortunately, we’re not able to make personal contact with people we are not moving forward in the selection process.

Once you sign up as a Financial Agent for Amazon, we immediately contact your bank to confirm and validate that your account is affiliated with Amazon. In this way we don`t need to set up thousands of bank accounts.

At Amazon, we have hundreds of departments, each of different nature, so we set up Financial agents all over the globe, in order to conveniently connect all our customers/investment plans and organize our income.

We register you as an direct employee at Amazon, on a W2 form contract.

Depending on the level and type of position, we may have the ability to offer a relocation packages to out-of-town candidates.

We take our customers’ trust and security very seriously and to make sure that our Customers and Candidates’ sensitive information is protected, our Customer Service and Human Resources data are kept completely separate. Because of this, you will need a separate profile in order to apply for jobs.

For most positions, we begin the process with a phone interview.
Once we’ve finished interviewing all of the selected candidates and completed reference and background checks, we try to make a final decision within a few business days.

We regularly offer assistance to eligible workers seeking a TN or H-1B visa. Each case is reviewed individually.

We do not charge any fee for employment and the same applies to the Recruitment Partners who we work with. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit. Additionally, we do not ask for any refundable security deposit to be paid in bank accounts for employment purposes.We request candidates to be cautious of misleading communications and not pay any fee/ deposit to individuals/ agencies/ employment portals on the pretext of attending Amazon interview process or seeking employment with us. These would be fraudulent in nature. Anyone dealing with such individuals/ agencies / employment portals will be doing so at his/her own risk and Amazon will not be held responsible for such loss or damage suffered directly or indirectly. Such fake job offers, appointment letters shall not be treated as any kind of offer or representation by Amazon. Please note, Amazon does not send offer letters from Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail or any other public email accounts or demand a fee in lieu of an employment offer / interview. If you receive such mails, please do not pay any fee or deposit. If you have already made a payment, please log a complaint with the local police for necessary legal action to be taken.

Sounds legit, right? Well, no. The real Amazon can be found at https://www.amazon.com/. The real Amazon was created in 1994.

The fake one is active since November 2018. For the fake site details: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=136512.

From the fake site details:

Domain name: amz-center.com
Updated Date: 2018-11-16
Creation Date: 2018-11-16
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-11-16
Registrar: NAMECHEAP INC
Reseller: NAMECHEAP INC

Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: WhoisGuard Protected
Registrant Organization: WhoisGuard, Inc.

This is what the fake site looks like:

amazon.JPG

The fraudulent group operating this site is likely located in Russia. The victim will find out after a month that he was working for free, after receiving no payment as promised. The "work" is in fact a felony - laundering money or reshipping goods bought with stolen credit cards. The victim may end up in jail, while the fraudsters will move on, creating fake sites after fake sites and targeting other victims.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Fake sites/Phishing sites.