Site logo

Advert.
Switch to full style
Report any emails with fake links attempting to steal your ID, and any fake sites used by scammers.
Post a reply

The Blue Millennium Foundation - Is this a scam?

Wed May 23, 2012 5:23 am

A friend forwarded me the email below, asking if it's a scam or a legitimate investment opporunity. It includes 4 files that are telephone scripts

As discussed I am attaching the telephone scripts and a follow up email as word docs , plus a link to the website,

As you are aware we are both members of Financial Hope and they are linked to “The Blue Millennium Foundation “ who are offering a $100,000 Grant for each Contract Me Voucher (CMV ) bought to any business large or small ,Single person worker or Husband and wife team, to help restart Commerce and help get Businesses moving again in the present economic climate .

The Grant is $100K to pay 50k for paying the wages, taxes ,insurance, etc. , plus another 50K to help the owner with any overheads ,rent , rates ,vehicles or even to pay their supplier and any outside contractor bills.

The Grant costs $2000 , There is 1 additional fee as the Client has to join ICC / Financial Hope to become a member eligible for a grant which costs 1k but for a limited time we can waive this ,and the client can pay this back when the $100k money goes into the Clients bank .

The client fills in a simple form with our help , and the Blue Millennium Foundation uses a Bank Called The International Bank Of Meekamui ("IBOM") in Meekamui on the island of Bougainville, the money goes into this bank as their local currency which is BVK within 1 week , 4 BVK = $1

Please read the “My CMV” website and click on all the buttons and it should all make sense, look where it says “Basic Example “ which starts showing a small husband and wife team .

http://www.mycmv.com

Kind Regards

Alan

Re: The Blue Millennium Foundation - Is this a scam?

Wed May 23, 2012 5:25 am

Additional email:

Here are the that is needed to take advantage of the $100,000 Grant we were discussing in good faith on Behalf of the Blue Millennium Foundation , in order to receive the full grant and not repay with money you have to agree to promote their products , which is easily done and I can help you .

(1)

$450 – IBOM Bank Account Opening Fee , this is not a cost the money goes in your account which will then be earning 3% a month ) Bvk currency is one of the only funds in the world to be backed by Gold and rare metals deposits .

More details here http://www.ibom.com

Total money for IBOM $450 ( £275 )

(2)

$1000 – ICC Club Membership Fee (Normally $1,000 Estelle our Manager will do this as a special favour for you )

$2000 – CMV Cost

$500 -- Ticket Cost

Total for CMV purchase for you : $ 3500 USD ( approx. £ 2150.00)

(3)

As soon as this is paid The Blue Millennium Foundation will place $ 100,000 in your account as Bvk there are 4 Bvk to 1 USD so you will see a deposit of 400,000 Bvk and then earn 3% per month interest on the account fund .

To withdraw to USD we have to follow their protocols , as discussed on the Financial Hope webinars ,which consist of promoting their products , they will help us to do this ,

Regards Alan

Fri May 25, 2012 1:29 am

Sure looks like a loan-type 419 scam to me -- grammar and punctuation issues as well as the cost for the grant. I have never heard of a real grant with a price tag on it. Also, note the special favor being offered ... not something that a person might expect in normal business practice.

I would be very wary of this offer.

Fri May 25, 2012 9:57 pm

ibom.com is a parked domain. and for sale by nucom.com brokers.

The research report for Mycmv.com has been generated. We have found that the title of Mycmv.com is "Contract Me Vouchers - Welcome".

The server IP Address is 178.63.75.79 and Mycmv.com resides on Hetzner Online AG in Germany.

Mycmv.com Whois
Registrar

Name.com LLCProtected Domain Services Customer ID: NCR-3798475
Whois Server

whois.name.com
Referral URL

http://www.name.com
Status

clientTransferProhibited
Contact Email

Creation Date

01/21/2012
Updated Date

01/21/2012
Expiration Date

01/21/2013
Registrant

Protected Domain Services - Customer ID: NCR-3798475
P.O. Box 6197
Denver, CO 80206
US
Telephone: +1.7202492374
Email:
Billing Contact

P.O. Box 6197
Denver, CO 80206
US
Fax: 2012-05-25
Email:
Administrative Contact

P.O. Box 6197
Denver, CO 80206
US
Email:
Technical Contact

P.O. Box 6197
Denver, CO 80206
US
Email:
Nameservers

ns1.ssmeurope.com
ns2.ssmeurope.com

One year registration, and Advance-Fee "grant"?? Definitely a scam from what I see, and the website needs to be killed. Also, website uses +4470 redirect number, another bad sign. No legitimate business uses these numbers. SCAM! :evil:

Wed May 30, 2012 10:04 pm

The site sleeps with the fishes now :twisted:

Thu May 31, 2012 4:43 am

Only fish? Really, scammers should go deeper, where fishes are fried! :D

Congratulations on ruining a scammer's day, though!

Thu May 31, 2012 6:03 am

Woot woot woot!!

Thu May 31, 2012 7:41 pm

Thanks, Michael. Nice job nuking that one. :D

Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:04 am

This (and other financial scams) were sent by Alan Hepworth.
He is on facebook.
His FB custom url is alan.hepworth1
Post a reply