Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Am I being scam by someone

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Am I being scam by someone

Unread postby Potpot » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:19 pm

I have tried to reach you, please get back to me here: (E-mail address removed) (dated March 10, 2022, 9:26pm)

Good.day Sir/Maam you can call me today, & can I have your name pls. & I tried to call you but seems no one answer. May I know pls. the purpose Sir/Maam. Tnx = I've tried to contact the said person but seems no one be able to answer my call. Then I sent him an email

Have a blessed day Sir/Madam!

Maam/Sir:

Good day,  I have just recieved a text message from your mobile no. +639317464543 that I would need to contact you Sir/Maam. I used my mobile number (----). Thank you more power and God bless!

This is his message thru my email:

Greetings,

I am delighted that you got in touch as requested, The information I am about to reveal is very confidential and I wish that you keep it to yourself alone. Please let our conversation be through email for security reasons. May I give a little introduction of myself, My name is Mr. David J. Turner, Jr. and I write in respect of the money left behind in our bank by Late Ma Catherine A. Reyes who was from the Philippines according to her records with our bank and I need your assistance to claim the fund. Late Ma Catherine A. Reyes lived and worked in the United States as a Forest Logging Manager and she deposited in our bank the sum of One million, eight hundred thousand US dollars (US$1,800,000) as a fixed deposit for two years in 2012. This deposit has been a source of revenue for our bank. However, there is a new financial law that requires all abandoned deposits exceeding 7 years to be transferred to the government's bank account and this means the forfeiture of such deposits to the government.

The fear that she would lose her money made me go the extra miles to know her whereabouts and I have gone to her last known address and everyone that knew her confirmed she was dead while on a vacation in Mexico and I also inquired from the registrar of deaths in Mexico, her death was registered and there is no known relative of her as well. She did not put any beneficiary at the time of deposit and we also have no details of her address back in the Philippines. All these made it impossible for me to locate any of her relatives since this is the issue, I want you to apply as her beneficiary to claim the money she left in our bank. I know there are lots of Filipinos living here in the United States but because of the way our bank works, it is only someone outside of the United States that can successfully make the claim. It does not matter if you knew her or not, it does not matter if you had any kind of relationship with her or not, I will guide you until the claim is completely made. It is not a matter of being greedy, we are not hurting anyone by making this claim and it is not the best to leave the money to eventually end up in the hands of a few corrupt government officials while we have the opportunity to live better with it when claimed.

In my current position here in our bank, if you accept making this claim with me, our success is assured because the final verification and approval of your application will be done by me. There is no risk of any kind in doing this with me, I will expressly approve the application once it comes to my table and you will have the right to claim the money. We will share the money into two equal parts(50-50) when the claim is made and I will come over to your country for my share of the money after the claim amount has been made available to you. Everything will be done legally and successfully as I am in a position to influence things in our favor. Right now, I have copies of documents relating to the deposit she made which you will file to back up the claim as her beneficiary. If you are willing to do this with me, write back and I shall inform you on what to do next to make sure you receive the money. If on the other hand, you have no interest in this inheritance opportunity, inform me so I will immediately look for someone else who will claim it with me. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. David J. Turner, Jr.

Then after I recieved this message I immediately check thru google for the name of David Turner Jr including Ma. Catherine A. Reyes. Hoping that this scammer be put in jail and it will not hack our internet account.
Potpot
New survivor

Re: Am I being scam by someone

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:02 pm

Hi. Yep, absolutely a scam. It's what's known as a beneficiary scam. If you reply, you'll be asked to pay various fees and given all sorts of excuses why the (non-existent) money hasn't been sent yet and why you need to pay even more fees.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Re: Am I being scam by someone

Unread postby Mycroft » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:05 am

These emails are sent out in bulk, and he scammer won't be expecting many replies. He certainly won't hack recipients who don't reply.
No chance of him being jailed I'm afraid.
Mycroft
New survivor

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?