Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Bitcoin.org

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Bitcoin.org

Unread postby NellyD » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:41 pm

I have been contacted on the telephone by Robin Ward who says he is working for Bitcoin.org and has been given the job of giving me my money back from MAXcfd (I was scammed by them 3 years ago.) He has given a long explanation of how it will work. But firstly I have to put 1% of the total sum into my bank account, which is strange as I don’t have to pay anyone. My identity has to be checked. When this is done the process can start, I have to pay 2% commission then. After I get my money back I have to sign documentation to say I won’t demand anything of them.
When I asked for written information to be sent to me, he said they couldn’t use the internet as it wasn’t safe so I asked to get information by the normal postal service, that wasn’t possible either.
It’s impossible to contact Bitcoin.org they have no telephone number to ring.

Of course I would like this to be genuine but I’m very suspicious. Has anyone else been contacted by Robin Ward?

W
NellyD
New survivor

Re: Bitcoin.org

Unread postby Big Al » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:37 pm

Bitcoin.org looks to be a real bitcoin business:
Updated Date: 2019-11-24T13:58:35Z
Creation Date: 2008-08-18T13:19:55Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2029-08-18T13:19:55Z

But Robin Ward is going to be a scammer.
You should never pay money to get your money returned.

Please post as much information as possible concerning the scammer.

Text messages & Phone numbers are both helpful.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?