Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Job scam - long con version

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Job scam - long con version

Unread postby siameseretriever » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:06 pm

So, here's the deal. I am looking for a job, and have posted my resume on a number of web sites. I got an offer letter from one company, and have been doing the online training. Their web site is power-rent.us. They have 2 other domains listed on that site. One is just a welcome page, and the other is a .jp site with an address in Japan. I just registered the .jp domain, but I think I am going to cancel it. Everything seemed legit until this email -

How is your day going so far? Can't complain about the weather, but today is extremely busy day for me.
CS #7 has been checked and there is another 'A' for you today. CS #8 is attached, please confirm the receipt.
Please note that CS #8 is an essay, thus 72 hours are given to complete the case.
You can add information from previous cases to your essay and use the exhibit as a template.
This morning I had a meeting with the Finance Department pertaining to project financing.
They've discussed what needs to be done to get funds for the project. Project financing will include following:
- To complete the project, Finance Department will provide you with corporate bank account information and access to corporate funds.
However, there will be a need to use your personal credit card for the process;
- You will use your credit card to receive funds for the project.
In other words, you will set up corporate bank account as 'Pay From' account to your credit card, withdraw funds from the account and deposit them into your card;
- As soon as funds post to your credit card, you will complete purchase and shipment of equipment to the regional office where it will be stored.
Even though there is a need to use your personal credit card, there is no need to spend your personal credit as you will be transferring funds upfront.
We do have a JP Morgan Chase guide which explains the process in greater detail. If you are not familiar with this process, I can send you the bank guide.
Here is how the process works:
- Our Finance team will authorize you as a user of corporate bank account and give you access to corporate funds for 2 weeks;
- You will have to set up corporate bank account as 'Pay From' account to your credit card, initiate fund transfer to your credit card and wait till funds post to your card;
- Once you confirm with your bank that fund transfer has been completed, you will purchase the equipment.
The project budget will not exceed $6,000.00, and there will be a need to purchase 4 to 6 units per project.
If everything is clear, please submit a request for bank account details, instructions and list of required equipment.
Bank account authorization takes time, and I will be able to provide further details within 24 hours after the request has been made.
Will be waiting for your soonest response.
Have a good day.
--
Colin Holmberg | Regional Manager
PowerRent LLC | Philadelphia, PA
Phone: (267) 343 9282

I can't find it now, but I got another email expolaining that the office in CA is working remote, so the (4) MacBooks should be sent to this address, which is this the next one.

Thank you for the follow up. You can use the store as well to ship units directly to the manager. In regards to shipment of these units, see below:
1. Please pack purchased units in a shipping box, which can be purchased at UPS or FedEx offices along with bubble wrap.
2. With units packed in a box, fill out shipping label and execute shipment via UPS Next Day Air or FedEx Overnight.
3. Due to high amount of COVID cases in CA area this week, we've returned to telecommute work, so CA hub works flexible hours.
We've decided to assign a Regional Manager to assist you with this project. Units will be shipped to the manager directly, and then he will bring them up to the office once it opens.
See address details below:

Full Last Name: Bobe
Full First Name: Tony
Address: 12311 Chandler Blvd #11
Postal Code: 91607
City: Valley Village
State/Province: CA

4. No need to include additional insurance.
5. Direct signature is not required.
After you complete purchase and shipment, please send me a copy of receipt and shipping label.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Have a good day.

I got a cell number for Tony Bobe, and it is a google voice number. The address is an apartment building, but I don't see any indication that this person lives there. The current resident (as far as I could find) has a number that is disconnected. The payment hit my CC, but I suspect that it will be reversed once the material is shipped.

Thoughts?
siameseretriever
New survivor

Re: Job scam - long con version

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:59 pm

This is a job scam/money laundering scam.

Please post here all email addresses used in the scam. Also, list all their domains used in the scam.
Try to include the actual emails used with each email address, minus your details.
File a police report, and change your CC/bank account immediately and alert them to the scam.

Please follow all of the advice listed in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26504

=
power-rent.us
Domain Information
Domain:power-rent.us
Registrar:PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com
Registered On:2020-10-16
Expires On:2021-10-16
Updated On:2020-10-21
Name Servers:ns2.hawkhost.com
ns1.hawkhost.com

Registrant Contact
Name:Kingston Beckert
Organization:PowerRent LLC
Street:1617 John F Kennedy Blvd, Ste 425
City:Philadelphia
State:Pennsylvania
Postal Code:19103
Phone:+1.8943135301
Email:kingstonbeckertq87@gmail.com

Administrative Contact
Name:Jeremy Avery
Phone:+1.2673439282
Email:info@power-rent.us

Technical Contact
Name:Juliann Star
Phone:+1.2673439282
Email:info@power-rent.us

+12673439282
Number billable as geographic
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Philadelphia, PA
Original network provider Cavalier Telephone, Llc (mid-atlantic) - Pa
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?