Site logo

Advert.
Switch to full style
Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.
Post a reply

Confused, I don’t know if I’m being scammed...

Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:35 pm

I’m currently texting, a phone call every now and again, with a gal I met through dating website on Dec 09, 2018. On December 18, she had to make a trip to Estonia to take care of an antique consignment purchase she made there. Estonia customs is requiring she pay a fee, $27000.00, in excess taxes and fines for her large shipment. She gave me all of her banking information: username, password and answers to the security questions to access her account. She then requested I complete a transfer of the money she needed. The request was denied, as there was a restriction on the account, which had a balance on $744,888.00. Incidentally, in addition to her balance, the account history also showed a consignment purchase of $745,000.00 and a home purchase for $450,000.00. She had informed me that she was moving to a new home in Fresno, California. I deposited $1500.00 cash to a Bank of America account, in Texas. With money I sent, and cash she had, the shipping consignment will be held until full payment is made.

On Dec 22, 2018 she was detained at the Tallinn airport in Estonia for an expired Visa. She is asking for $6000.00 to pay for an interpreter for her trial. I have told her that I have no money left to send and nobody will loan me any money. We are currently still texting, but I continue to say I have now money. I’ve asked to send proof of her detention and presence in Estonia itself, but she states her camera is broken. She currently has her phone while being detained, but it will be confiscated if she is caught speaking on it. She requested her trial be postponed as she does not have an interpreter. The lawyer assigned to her states without an interpreter the judge may take advantage and give her a stiffer sentence. An extension for her trial was given. She must appear in court, with an interpreter on Jan. 03, 2019.
She is requesting I send what ever I can, I continue to state I have nothing left to give. She insists she still loves me, and understands.

Am I being scammed???

Please help!!!

Re: Confused, I don’t know if I’m being scammed...

Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Yes, you are being scammed.

Anyone you have never met in person face to face but only through the internet who asks you for money will be a scammer 100% of the time.

Can you post as much information about the scammer as possible here?

E-mails, E-mail addresses, Phone numbers, photographs & fake documents, Bank Accounts you sent money to, & links to the dating profile are all helpful.

If you are unsure what all to post then you can forward everything to me at my E-mail address. It is below.

Thank You,

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:05 am

A man from an online dating site claims to be a Fund Manager of an Investment Company whose main office is in the UK. He claims to reside in the US but travels for business. He has never asked for money and I have not sent him money not would I do so for any reason. We correspond through email. He said that he plans to resign from the company. I asked him to send me the web address to the company he works for which he did. He told me he bought shares in the company after doing business with other Investors in Dubai. He asked to put the Investors Certificate in my name claiming that he can't put it in his name because he is still employed with the Investment Company. Then he says for me to give the Finance company permission to sell the shares in my name and that I will need to open up sa N online banking account for the proceeds to be deposited in that acvount. What is this particular scam since he has not asked for money or any identifying information from me like AS number. Is this a scam you are familiar with? I'm trying to figure out his angle so others can be warned and I can know how to proceed. Thank you

Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:51 pm

Yes, it is a scam. You will be required to pay money to open the account before the shares can be sold and the fake funds deposited. Here is a link to a similar type of scam:

https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... om#p181083

Please read this topic concerning what to do if you are a victim of a scam:

https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504

Please post as much information concerning the scammer so others can be warned. If you are unsure what to post please forward all the E-mails to me. My E-mail address is at the bottom of this post.
Post a reply