Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Email changed to "Forwarding only" to foreign email

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Email changed to "Forwarding only" to foreign email

Unread postby meldog95 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:42 am

Hi!
My daughter's college email was automatically changed to forward all emails- and the email was trenlogic@brunet.bn???

She didn't realize it for over 3+ weeks! She didn't get ANY emails for that time- and didn't realize it which is another story. I'm guessing her email was hacked?? VERY worried about what emails were forwarded (The university is saying they can't retrieve any of the emails??) and any personal information that was taken..

Thanks!
Amy
meldog95
New survivor

Re: Email changed to "Forwarding only" to foreign email

Unread postby Big Al » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:39 am

I found a topic here containing that E-mail address:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68228

Best course of action is to close you Daughter's account and open another one. She should be careful not to click on links from anyone. Probably should run her Anti-virus, Spyware, & Malware programs too.

With no way of telling what information was compromised, I would also recommend that she have her credit frozen. Change her passwords on everything after she runs her Anti-virus etc.

The others may have more advice.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?