Site logo

Advert.
Switch to full style
Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.
Post a reply

Email scam.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Hello.

I had an email today from a scammer/blackmailer. It came up with one of my usernames and said they had a video of me on a chat site. If I didn't pay them in 12 months they would show the video to all the people in my contacts. There was no mention of how much I had to pay with Bitcoin. The only chat site that has my email is Chat Random I think. So, whats the chance that all they have is my email address? There's probably only 4 people they can email and only two of them would find it awkward if they got sent a video. The other two would laugh. Would they have hacked my email too, or is it more likely they are bluffing and are fishing for people to pay up?

Thanks

Re: Email scam.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:36 pm

https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... 20&t=60846

Look familiar? That should pretty much explain the situation to you. Feel free to add any of the scammer's details there.

Re: Email scam.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:45 pm

That looks about right. I didn't save the email and blocked them so can't give much info. They said they were from Russia and calling the police was useless. They had my email and username. The email address I use for FB and a few forums is now no longer in use for FB, and I renamed that email address. I have 2 email addresses, my second one is now for FB. Going to change passwords next. I hate having to think of new passwords! lol

Thanks for the help. I was a bit shocked and pissed off at first, but the more I thought about it the more I realised they are just chancers and probably only have my email address. Annoying bastards.
Post a reply