Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Can I help you guys catch these scammers?

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Can I help you guys catch these scammers?

Unread postby filmdude45 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Hi. I was wondering if I can help you guys to catch these scammers. The reason that I ask is that I get a lot of friend requests on facebook from "girls" who I know are scammers. I usually accept them and then proceed to f*ck with them and make them think that I am going to go into a skype session with them. As soon as they hear that I don't have a webcam (which I don't. I disconnected after one of them tried to pull a blackmail scam/sextortion on me and then somehow hacked my facebook account.) they immediately disconnect me from chat and block me. So I am wondering if you would like me to send you the information or their screen names as well as saying yes to going into a skyoe session with them just so that I can pull all the information off of that as well and send it to you guys? This is the latest one that I have accepted a friend request for, she is going by the name of xxx: [No proof of scam.]

[Images deleted. No baby pictures or anyone under 18. No risqué underwear pics.]

Also, I wanted to say that after what happened to me and being a victim, I was going to say that I think you guys should tell other victims to add a step of what to do if they are being blackmailed, and that is to change the setting of their friends list to only be visible to the facebook user. That way, if another potential blackmailer tries to scam them in the future, they won't be able to see who is on their friends list and then proceed to threaten to send the video to the people on that list and then name them one by one like they tried to pull with me. Anyways, just thought I would offer to help as I want to put all of these scumbags out of business and out of our misery and hope that they all rot and burn in hell where they all belong.
filmdude45
New survivor

Re: Can I help you guys catch these scammers?

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Blackmail scammers should never be messed with, nor should you ever go into skype conversations with them.
If it would help, we would be doing it, and we are not.

then somehow hacked my facebook account
You can also see how dangerous messing with them can be. These are criminals, and they know who you are, but you do not know who they are nor who their associates are, and how far they might go to retaliate against you.

Messing with them only hurts victims of these scams. They try to scam 30/40 a day, and messing with them only makes them change their details, which is bad for victims looking to find help by searching for details.

We do not "catch" scammers.
Please read all posts here: Forum rules and frequently asked questions.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19

Another step is not needed as they learn from their bad experience how to secure their Facebook accounts and about online privacy issues. They also hopefully learn not to add unknown people as friends and taking off their clothes online with them.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?