Site logo

Advert.
Switch to full style
Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.
Post a reply

Should I be worried?

Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:28 am

Hello,

I apologize if this is in the wrong place. If it is, please direct me to the right place. Thank you!

I got on facebook this morning to find a friend request. I didn't recognize it, but I have been contacted in the past by old friends from high school and I knew a couple of girls by that name. So I accepted and asked if I knew her. The person said no, asked for details, which I didn't give and then said some stuff. At which point I was thinking it was a bot or something, which I said, you're a bot and not real. The reply was to get on the cam, which I stupidly did. I had literally just gotten up and wasn't thinking all that clearly. Now, I didn't do anything on the cam, I just showed my face. I didn't even ask for anything explicit. Though I did stay on the cam, even when I knew said person was a bot and called them a bot and told them they weren't real. It was obvious the person on the other end was a bot or something as the feed looked off and was weird. I knew something was really off when the girl in the cam took off her bra and then the person asked for various explicit pictures. Which I said no and proceeded to call them a bot. At which point they said bye and I blocked the account. I finally got around to looking stuff up tonight and found that people get blackmailed with this stuff. Like I said, I didn't do anything except stay on the stupid webcam until they cut the feed as I kept telling them they weren't real.

Also, because of a situation in the past, I made my facebook private. Friend list, everything. Friends can't even see my friends list. Do I have anything I need to be worried about and do I still need to deactivate my account? Also, I still intend on turning them in. How do I do that?

Re: Should I be worried?

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Well, if it went the way you said it did, you should not have problems if they did not threaten you before you dropped them. But go here, read, and follow the advice.
http://blackmailscams.com

Better safe than sorry. And the details you give on the form can help save others.
Post a reply