Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Is this a scam? How do i help my brother.

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Is this a scam? How do i help my brother.

Unread postby Pamela dawn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:14 am

My brother lives in the UK.He is 64.
2016 He received a cold call about buying vitamins and proceeded to spend around 1,000UK pounds every second month on vitamins he did not need.
The contact details given for England were a front and everything was done from India.
The young Indian woman (Jessica) dealing with my brother established a personal relationship with him by phone and acquired his credit card details.
A few months later my brother was persuaded to go to India, where he met this woman and went on a retreat in Goa, arranged by the woman. this cost him about 2,000UK pounds.
After hearing of my concerns my brother said he would break contact, but this was re-established by the Indian woman.
Although my brother realized the personal information the woman gave him was all lies, she persuaded him to go back to India in Sept 2017, where she introduced him to her "husband" and a 30 year old woman, known as Shushma.
Upon returning to the UK Shushma established a personal relationship with my brother by phone.
In Dec 2017 my brother went to India for 2 weeks. He spent much of the time with Sushma, but when she could not be with him her "sister" and Jessica's " husband" looked after my brother.
Sushma told: my brother she used to work for Jessica, but because of Jessica's lies had left; after leaving that job she rented an apartment in Mumbai, but the schedule she arranged for my brother was too busy for him to go to Mumbai; she was going through lengthy divorce proceedings (4 years)so could not introduce him to her family of leave the country.
My brother was introduced to a "sister", "cousin" and for 5 minutes to a man she claimed was her father. She said she could not tell her father of their relationship because he would not approve of the age and culture difference.
My brother says he and Shushama have no issues about age and culture differences and want to spend the rest of their lives together, but will have to wait to see what happens with the divorce,which according to Shushma, maybe many more months.
Also Shushma is developing health issues, which are complicating things.
My brother says she has not asked for money and he has not given her any. I do not believe him.

My brother has been staying in Australia with me since Jan 24 2018. In the first couple of weeks there were lengthy, almost daily phone conversations with Shushma.
My family and friends have expressed concerns about this relationship, but my brother says we do not understand and wants to continue/intensify it.
Since hearing of the family concerns, Shushma only speaks with him when he is away from me.
My brother has admitted to me that Shushma went back to work for Jessica, Jan 2018.

Should i be concerned/is this a scam?
My brother remain blind to what my family and I believe is a setup!
How do I help him?
Pamela dawn
New survivor

Re: Is this a scam? How do i help my brother.

Unread postby Wayne » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:35 pm

Hi. Unfortunately, due to so much of this happening in person rather than online, we're not the best people to speak to. I would advise you to speak to your local law enforcement. Sorry we can't be of more help.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby UKPerson » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:39 am

Do you have the details of the UK front? send it to me via pm.

ps, i just found this site now whilst investigating another romance scam
UKPerson
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:49 am

I'm sorry, but this site does not allow private conversations to go on between members here.
All scammer related details must be posted publicly to help all victims and readers of the site.
We protect the identity of all victims here as well.

If you have information on this scammer or others, I encourage you to post all proof of the scams.

Forum rules and frequently asked questions.
http://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19

What to do if you are a victim of a scam
http://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=26504
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?