Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Started from Skout

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Started from Skout

Unread postby Tp408 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:06 am

Hi everyone,

I found this site while looking for help and answers. So I’m going to post and hopefully someone can tell me if this is a scam and if there is anything that I should be worried about.

I frequent the chat app Skout a lot. I meet a lot of people on there and engage in a lot of good conversation. Two nights ago I talk to a Hispanic girl. Early twenties. Close by. She spoke only Spanish, not a lick of English. I do not peak Spanish so I am chatting using google translate. After a while she asks to move the convo to WhatsApp. Once there, she reveals that she is a prostitute. This is no biggie, I run into these a lot on Skout. Usually I just irgnore and that is that. However this time, in all Spanish, she sends me her photos and pricing. I tell her no thank you and nothing else.

Here’s where it gets bad. The next day, I get a message on WhatsApp from someone claiming to know the girl. He tells me that I wasted her time and that I can square it all away if I pay for the time I wasted. This was all in Spanish. I replied “sorry” in English and I got a message saying Spanish only. What proceeded next was a bunch of photos of dead people, a video of someone being beheaded and just nasty photos. He also:

Says my name
Sends me a Photo of myself
Says I can cal the cops if I want, he knows where I live (but never stated my address)
And continuously tells me that I do not want problems.

I tell him I do not have money and he says we can let this be for 200. I have stopped replying since. But he and the prostiute has been messaging me thru WhatsApp all day. I can read it because it pops up as a notification on my phone. The messages all say that I am going to regret it. That my family is not safe. That there will be concequences. I have no opened the app to read the messages since I didn’t want them to know I read the messages.

I know this sounds crazy and I’m sorry for such a long post, but it did honestly scare me. The photo he sent me was on my Facebook but it was an older photo. I don’t know why he didn’t use a newer photo. I guess I’m hoping to see if anyone else had this kind of experience. It would really put my Mind at ease to know that this is really a scam and that my family is not in danger. I can post the girls Skout username is needed but she has not been reported here on the forum.

What do you all think? Am I overreacting? Is this a scam? It’s just strange that the messages were all in Spanish. Has a Cartel feel to it. Or maybe I am just watching too much TV..

Again. Sorry for the long winded post. If I can’t find answers maybe this can help ease someone’s mind in the future if it happens to them.
Tp408
New survivor

Re: Started from Skout

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Yes, it is a scam. Go here and follow all the steps. http://blackmailscams.com
Make a police report and give them all the scammer details, too.
After the police have all the information, change your phone number.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?