Site logo

Advert.
Switch to full style
Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.
Post a reply

Started from Skout

Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:06 am

Hi everyone,

I found this site while looking for help and answers. So I’m going to post and hopefully someone can tell me if this is a scam and if there is anything that I should be worried about.

I frequent the chat app Skout a lot. I meet a lot of people on there and engage in a lot of good conversation. Two nights ago I talk to a Hispanic girl. Early twenties. Close by. She spoke only Spanish, not a lick of English. I do not peak Spanish so I am chatting using google translate. After a while she asks to move the convo to WhatsApp. Once there, she reveals that she is a prostitute. This is no biggie, I run into these a lot on Skout. Usually I just irgnore and that is that. However this time, in all Spanish, she sends me her photos and pricing. I tell her no thank you and nothing else.

Here’s where it gets bad. The next day, I get a message on WhatsApp from someone claiming to know the girl. He tells me that I wasted her time and that I can square it all away if I pay for the time I wasted. This was all in Spanish. I replied “sorry” in English and I got a message saying Spanish only. What proceeded next was a bunch of photos of dead people, a video of someone being beheaded and just nasty photos. He also:

Says my name
Sends me a Photo of myself
Says I can cal the cops if I want, he knows where I live (but never stated my address)
And continuously tells me that I do not want problems.

I tell him I do not have money and he says we can let this be for 200. I have stopped replying since. But he and the prostiute has been messaging me thru WhatsApp all day. I can read it because it pops up as a notification on my phone. The messages all say that I am going to regret it. That my family is not safe. That there will be concequences. I have no opened the app to read the messages since I didn’t want them to know I read the messages.

I know this sounds crazy and I’m sorry for such a long post, but it did honestly scare me. The photo he sent me was on my Facebook but it was an older photo. I don’t know why he didn’t use a newer photo. I guess I’m hoping to see if anyone else had this kind of experience. It would really put my Mind at ease to know that this is really a scam and that my family is not in danger. I can post the girls Skout username is needed but she has not been reported here on the forum.

What do you all think? Am I overreacting? Is this a scam? It’s just strange that the messages were all in Spanish. Has a Cartel feel to it. Or maybe I am just watching too much TV..

Again. Sorry for the long winded post. If I can’t find answers maybe this can help ease someone’s mind in the future if it happens to them.

Re: Started from Skout

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Yes, it is a scam. Go here and follow all the steps. http://blackmailscams.com
Make a police report and give them all the scammer details, too.
After the police have all the information, change your phone number.
Post a reply