Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Is he fake or real?

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Is he fake or real?

Unread postby Confusedcoach » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I just found this site while searching for help. I’m not sure if I’m being scammed or not but it doesn’t hurt to be safe.

I have been talking with a guy who’s in the military, I’ll call him Bob.
I sent a friend request to him on Facebook to look for some business partners, I had no idea he was in the military until he told me a while after we became closer.

He has never asked anything from me or about any important information about me. We talk about travel, music, books, gym and all the normal things friends would talk about.
He’s stationed in California and deployed in Nigeria at the moment, the reason I’m asking you guys if this might be a scam is because we plan to meet after he comes home from deployment.
He has given me his military mail that ends with us.army.mil, his personal mail, service member ID, number and a way to contact his commander. He haven’t even asked about my mail when he gave me all these details about himself.

I have another friend who is also in the military who is not related to Bob at all and have been my friend way before this. I told her about Bob and everything he told me, she said everything sounds true including the rules, but she’s still skeptical about him. She has asked me to go out with her twice but I turned her down because I have no feelings and just want to be friends, but I trust she will never try to ruin anything for me.

I really hope someone will be able to help me here. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
My English is not the best so I’m sorry if it’s difficult to understand what I’m saying.

Coach
Confusedcoach
New survivor

Re: Is he fake or real?

Unread postby Confusedcoach » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:04 pm

Also, is there any way I can contact the military and confirm if this guy is real?
Confusedcoach
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:08 pm

Confusedcoach,

Without any details we can check it is impossible to answer your doubts.

Use, please viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18085 and check yourself.

He has never asked anything from me

If he is a scammer he might be a patient one, waiting before asking something.

Sadly, there were numerous cases of Nigerian scammers impersonating US military personnel in romance scams.

According to https://www.globalsecurity.org/military ... fricom.htm:

The military was not looking at a cooperative security location in Nigeria, despite increased cooperation between the US and Nigerian militaries.

Meaning there are no US military deployed in Nigeria.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby Bandy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:32 pm

Scam Victims Compensation Payment worth $2.5Million Only, I am Mr Jerry Mike, Diplomatic Agent assigned to delivery your Parcel Containin below items

(1) Cashier Check Worth $1Million Only

(2) Bank Draft Worth $500,000.00 Only

(3) Atm Visa Card Worth $1Million Only.

Total amount I was assigned to deliver to you is $2.5Million Only, I arrived successful this morning in your Country and You are advise to quickly reconfirm your information.

Your Full Address ..
Your Name..
Your Cell Phone..
Your Valid ID.

Quickly forward the information to my Cell Phone Number as I will not have time to be checking my email And I have no time to Waste here, I have only 48Hours to hand your Parcel over to you, Send SMS Text Message to +1 914 210 4479 with the required mentioned information

Remind you that only fee you have to pay is $55 only and I will hand your Parcel over to you within next few hours.

Send SMS Text Message to +1 914 210 4479

Expecting your Urgent Text Message To +1 914 210 4479

Regard. I received in 09/04/2018 i think is very scam letter ..
Bandy
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:34 pm

Bandy,

Can you post please the email address of the sender for the email you received?

+19142104479 is a Non-Fixed VoIP (e.g. Skype or Google Voice) number.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby Bandy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:38 pm

Inline image 2
FROM THE DESK OF TURKISH AIRLINE/
MEGA-MILLION PROMOTION AWARD OFFICE,
Rue Nelson Porte 1133 Hippodrome
Promo Consultant Department
Bamako Mali,
Tel:+223 61367881.

Dear Winner,
Thanks for your mail inquiry on your prize money.
This lottery is been operated in the above site,zorpia,datememe and tagged .com, it's been financed by Turkish Airline in association with Mega-million company, it is 100% real and genuine prize and once again you are going to receive the sum of £1.500,000.00 GBP through an international ATM card or through bank transfer to your personal account depending on your choice.
For the release of your winning prize, you are requested to get back to us with this information for the processing of your winning fund and also as security measure to prevent putting up double claim of your winning prize by non-winners.
Full name,Country,State,Address,Sex,Next of kin,Occupation,Date of birth,Phone No, Ref No
Get back to us now with the above information as soon as possible for the processing of your winning fund.
N/B: Make sure your winning information is confidential for security reasons to avoid someone using your name and your email address to claim your winning fund.
Once again, we the entire Turkish welfare team in association with Mega-million team is saying congratulations to you.
We look forward to hear from you soon.
Yours faithfully,

Elaine Willaims
Promotion Manager
Tel:+223 61367881
Bandy
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:32 pm

the email address of the sender
?
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?