Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

I'm not sure if this is a scam or not

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

I'm not sure if this is a scam or not

Unread postby eonwolf » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:35 pm

I had recently went back on facebook after splitting with my ex. I joined an emotional support group and everything was ok, except for me anyways.

A few days after I started posting a woman from the philippines contacted me through messenger.

We've been talking for about 5 days now. I fell in love with her pretty quickly, she even told me not to fall in love with her.

She told me she had this rich boyfriend, but that he was controlling. Didn't like her talking to other guys and I know how that feels, I was once like that myself.

She has sent me 2 photos of herself. Though her hair color changed, her moles were in the same spots, her eyes were the same shape, size and color. Her facial structure matches.

The other thing is I had tossed out the idea that she might be a scammer, she told me that she's a pediatrician, that she doesn't need my money.

She even told me many aspects about herself that I don't really like, they aren't deal breakers but I know scammers are usually the types to agree with you on anything.

Its so bizarre because in my mind I think its a scam but in reality, the more we talk, the less that seems to be the case.

She has never asked me for money or lude photos, she hasn't even asked for my email or to go to a different site.

There have only been 3 things she has asked of me, a picture of my face, my trust and not to fall for her.

I keep telling myself I should just block her but I won't. I have to know she is scamming me or not.

we had discussed being together very lightly. I told her I was poor. She even said she would be visiting Ontario, Canada, that she has family there. Which is at max a 10 hour drive from where I live in xxx.

She seems to actively read my facebook page as well, she mentions things that I hadn't told her like me being a xxx.

So she just broke up with her boyfriend yesterday and I tried flirting with her and I was met by a flat response. She pushed me away emotionally.

I know my response should be to either want her more or just let this go. I just want to run the risk. I don't know why.

She hasn't been overly romantic with me either. She has said a few things here and there. The most troubling comment being that if I waw her in person, she would make me forget my ex.

She stresses friendship, a lot. That she wants to help me be a better man, not sad. She tells me things like "you have a pure heart" when I ask why she talks to me. Granted I know my heart is anything but pure, I even told her that. She said she just wants to help.

So you get the idea here. I'm concerned this is a scam, but there is a mixture of a few red flags vs. something I feel is special. The weirdest part being I asked her if there was something between us. Thats when she said no promises, to not fall in love with her. We both know we live half the world apart and she acts like it.

The final behavior I've noted is when we are on messenger and she says she has to go, but we both stay writing bye or some vague flirting back and forth. Almost like a high school couple that doesn't want to hang up the phone and in all of this she has never once told me the big 3 words "I love you".

so if anyone has any insights on this, please help. I'm falling for this girl and I don't want to stop. I will if she ever asks for money, but if she asks for marraige... I don't think I'd say no
eonwolf
New survivor

Re: I'm not sure if this is a scam or not

Unread postby firefly » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:14 pm

eonwolf,

We removed the personal details about yourself you posted - even if for you is maybe not important, protecting the real identity of our users is a priority here.

Your story has not enough elements to conclude if she is a scammer or not.

Try please reading viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18085 - you might get the answers yourself.

And keep in mind that scammers are in all shapes and forms. Not all of them are acting the same way. A solid skepticism is needed every time while dealing with anyone you met online only.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?