Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Beware! Those unknown missed calls from abroad cost you mone

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Beware! Those unknown missed calls from abroad cost you mone

Unread postby Exodus » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:32 am

Beware of so called "wangiri call-short call missed call, its a scam, probably your mobile number has been added to a"sucker list" so scammers make a short call and you missed it DONT CALL BACK it will cost you money calling high price international hot lines- or with a single missed call they can hack your phone if you call back, dont call back add the number to a blacklist or even factory reset you phone as I read in forums with a missed call from mystery number they can take over your mobile and read all its content ,contacts,photos,sms,viber,whatsap-even make calls on numbers you have never called like you have called 19h on a expensive line. I experienced a missed call from a mysterious unknown number from italy searched for info same number did not exist in italy. Please take care,stay safe
Hope this could help someone
Exodus
New survivor

Re: Beware! Those unknown missed calls from abroad cost you

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:44 pm

I never call back unknown numbers. 99.99% of the time, they are phone scammers. Most want to talk your personal details out of of you by impersonating someone else rather than somehow planting a virus on your phone or giving you a huge phone bill on a premium cost phone line.
I use a blocking service through my home phone carrier that blocks from a list of known scammer numbers, so I receive only one actual ring to my number or none at all instead of going to four rings . And I also screen all calls using an answering machine, so I never pick up any call unless the person is someone I know and I hear their voice leaving a message. I do the same on my mobile number. I never answer unless I know who it is.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?