Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Thank goodness I found this site

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Thank goodness I found this site

Unread postby Neroli » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:12 am

I have received communication on a dating site from someone called Daniel Miller. It is a lovely, gushing email, very flattering complete to a link to a love song video......but something doesn't seem right so I have googled the name and fortunately I now understand that it is quite possibly a scammer.

I have responded to his first email quite innocently as initially I thought he was genuine. I am now awaiting the second email. I am so happy that I have found this website and fortunately I have not parted with any money.
I would like to know what I should now do? I understand that it is not advisable to tell the scammer that I think he is a fraud. I would like to pass on the details to you, how should I do this? I want to warn others.

Many thanks.
Neroli
New survivor

Re: Thank goodness I found this site

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:25 am

Neroli,

Glad you found us in time. Please use the email address in my signature line (below) and forward to me the emails, pictures etc. received from him.

About what to do in such cases, you have some basic elements here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby Neroli » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:28 am

Thanks for this information, I will be sending you over the details very shortly.
Can you advise how I can block them from my gmail account and make sure that I cannot be contacted on there again? I have this morning received a text message saying that he is going to send me an email very soon.

Many thanks.
Neroli
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:48 pm

Use this: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/ ... ktop&hl=en

It might be not enough, because the scammers will use another email address to contact you again. The best option in such cases is to close the email address and set up another one. Consider anything used with a scammer compromised and not safe for being used anymore.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?