Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Was I scammed?

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Was I scammed?

Unread postby tway11 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:33 pm

This happened more anywhere from 6 months - 3 yearsr ago.
Met someone on an online chatting site and we moved to skype. Regrettably, my face and genitalia were shown. I am not sure if this was a scam or not, but the person has my skype info and other information about me. I have never been contacted again since that night but I am wondering if it is possible that I was scammed and if I will face repercussions later on or if I got lucky and the storm has passed. Any advice on what to do next to protect myself.
tway11
New survivor

Re: Was I scammed?

Unread postby Wayne » Sun May 28, 2017 8:37 pm

If you've not heard anything in that amount of time it's highly unlikely it's going to be a scam. The type of scam you're thinking of is done over a very short period of time - usually less than 24 hours.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby tway11 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:46 pm

Do scammers hold videos forever or do they delete them after a while. If I was to be contacted in the future through a social media site, would my best option be to just not respond. I do have to mention that the other person in the call did something when I asked them to but they never showed their face. They did show their genitalia. If this person was not a scammer, what reason would they have for moving to skype? Also, they were very hesitant about showing their face. Their skype profile did not match their social media profile in terms of information either. Also, after some reflection, I feel 99% confident that they were a scammer. Why would they not reach out and threaten? Thank you for the peace of mind.
tway11
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Sun May 28, 2017 8:52 pm

Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby tway11 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:03 pm

Thank you, so much.
tway11
New survivor

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?